Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Play

Solved!

Shuffle Play

I just downloaded Spotify and I understand Shuffle Play is only option.  But, I select a playlist and it plays a different one and no way to get out of the one the system selected.  How do I get to my selected Playlist?  I am OK with random order I just want the Playlist I select.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @martii and welcome to the community!

Are you sure you're selecting the correct playlist? Spotify shouldn't randomly choose a different playlist to play.

When you say you can't change it, I'm sure you can - go into the correct playlist and click the big 'Shuffle Play' button at the top. Does that not play the correct playlist?

Liam

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

On mobile, yes, as long as you have a premium account. Just tap a song to start listening.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @martii and welcome to the community!

Are you sure you're selecting the correct playlist? Spotify shouldn't randomly choose a different playlist to play.

When you say you can't change it, I'm sure you can - go into the correct playlist and click the big 'Shuffle Play' button at the top. Does that not play the correct playlist?

Liam

Hi Liam,

Thanks for responding.

No I was selecting the correct Playlist and it played a different one.  And when I tried to re-select the one I wanted and hit Shuffle Play it still played the same one as before.   I was like it was locked up on that one Playlist.  I don't know what was wrong, but when I tried it again this morning it worked OK.  And hopefully it will continue to work OK.

Thanks,

Marti

It was probably to a one time mishap then, if it ever happens again just try a force close (that generally fixes issues with the Spotify app ;)).

Glad you've got your music access now!

Liam

Is anyone havint an issue with shuffle?   I have the Shuffle option selected but when it gets to the end of a song.....nothing.   

I have to hit the "Next" Button for it to go to anothe random song.  Very frustrating.  

I have a new Kindle Fire HDX

The issue at the minutte is the version of Spotify in the kindle app store is an old version, we have been pushing for an update here on the community but still waiting for an updated version to go live.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having a similar problem. I have a playlist I want to play, and have shuffle and repeat selected. However, it plays one song, then quits the playlist and goes to a random song on an album that isn't even in that playlist. It doesn't matter which playlist I play, it does the same thing. I also tried playing just one album with shuffle and repeat selected. It played one song, then went to a totally different album, then stayed in that album.

I did a hard close (task kill) of Spotify, started it up again, and the problem still exists.

BTW: I'm using the PC version, and not the iOS/mobile version.

Hello, can we simply play, not shuffle?

Marked as solution

On mobile, yes, as long as you have a premium account. Just tap a song to start listening.

Suggested posts