Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify ICS App, Beta app out now, download instructions here

Solved!

Spotify ICS App, Beta app out now, download instructions here

Finally, the wait is over! Spotify has released a beta app for ICS that hopefully fixes all our problems.

If you want to have it now on your phone, do the following:

- Go into your phone's settings, and click on 'Security' > scroll down and switch on 'Unknown Sources'

- Open your phone's browser and surf to 'www.spotify.com/blog

- Depending on the country you're in, the first post will be about the new beta app. If you don't see it, switch your country (below on the webpage) to Switzerland (German) (I assume it will be posted to all the other blogs later today). You will then see a big green button that says 'Herunterladen'. Press it, and it will start installing the new app on your phone.

If you want to download the apk directly, use this link: http://download.spotify.com/android/PreviewSpotifyAndroid.apk

EDIT: In another topic, a moderator posted the following link, where you can also find the big green button, without having to go through the blog:  http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

Post any questions here, and the community will help you out.

Enjoy!

98 Replies
Marked as solution

Looks good, much better than the very grey look the Android app has. This is much brighter, just what I was missing. Hope for more colours in the finished version. I would very much like to be able to choose between some various colour schemes.

Cat Happy

How soon can something similar be downloaded to one's computer??

Do you mean an updated Windows/Mac version? There are at least two posts in the Ideas for forum asking for the possibility of theming/skinning the app - perhaps go Kudos them ...
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

@yreuvekamp wrote:

@Rankhar: Yeah, I've tried all those things. I really don't know what's wrong. The problem started with the old app, though.

Got the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S2. Everything works well and the app looks awesome, except it doesn't allow me to actually play or see the downloaded playlists.

FYI Logged in with my facebook account

The app does not remember "shuffle" setting. When i have this on, it will be off the next time i start the app.

Also, it would be really, really great if the app supports predictive search, like the desktop version does. Even if it only would do that in online mode, it would still be an unmissable feature.

In truth I was just about to give up on Spotify on android, but then I found this forum and the beta.
Absolutely incredible work, love the related artists and the download button etc etc.
But please my tablet still has consistent fc & offline status issues!!

The next update ils getting really late. Please give ETA.

I have a Galaxy S3. It does not appear to be downloading to the SD card (which is labled as extSdCard). Instead it is downloading to the internal storage (confusingly, sdcard). 

It would be VERY helpful to have the option to move the storage to the SD card. 

Samsung is to blame here. Sdcard mount is not supposed to be called anything but mnt/sdcard. Root your phone and create a symlink. Samsung proved again they cannot comply to the most basic Android rule. I'm glad I bought the HOX.

Sorry, Spotify is to blame here as well - the old app took this into account and allowed you to download anywhere you chose. Updates are not supposed to remove features?

Is it just me? or does download a playlist take forever and it stops wayyyy too much! Wish Spotify would hurry up and release the final version to Google Play already!

I'm having the weirdest problem. My GS3 with ics 4.0.4, vibrates to the music. It's quite light vibration, but still , basically makes the sw unusable.

Solved, answering to myself. I had GS3's auto haptic feature set on. Spotify was not enabled on the sw lousy, but this still affected to Spotify. Might be something that you guys at spotify need to check out..

@mshoney6 wrote:

Is it just me? or does download a playlist take forever and it stops wayyyy too much! Wish Spotify would hurry up and release the final version to Google Play already!

Ok, done!

See our full announcement here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Slicker-faster-better-the-new-Android-app-is-h...

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Re: How do you put storage on external SD on day release?
Options
Friday

This is exactly what I did:

First make sure all the old data (songs, etc.) have been completely erased from the phone and external SD card
2.and then uninstall the new application
Third retrieve the "old" program: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9bwd3qqx2x286h/SpotifyA ndroid.apk
4th install it (make sure you have "install from Unknow sources" enabled on your device)
5a start the program, and then log off, if you are logged in automatically.
5b from the login screen, click on your phones menu button, press the "reset Spotify" and press ok.
6a is still on the login screen, press the menu button again and select "select SD Location"
6b at this point would suggest "/ mnt / sdcard" - this is not your external SD card. The phone's internal memory. You must change it to "/ mnt / extSdCard" NOTE: This is from my Galaxy S3, and may vary from phone to phone
7, when this has been changed, test it - note both phone memory status and the external SD card, and see what decreses after saving a few songs
8 If it is now to save on the external SD card, you can visit Google Play and upgrade to the new version of Spotify (without uninstalling the old version or change any settings)

If this does not work for you, so I do not know what will - excuses. Hopefully you were simply not doing a part 6b properly ...

It's starting to like me, but I'd really like to find the option to add a whole Album to my starred music " they lack that boys.!!

I'd like to hear if it's possible to have in the future.

Cheers and keep improving Spotify! 

Leo

@Rankhar wrote:

Finally, the wait is over! Spotify has released a beta app for ICS that hopefully fixes all our problems.

If you want to have it now on your phone, do the following:

- Go into your phone's settings, and click on 'Security' > scroll down and switch on 'Unknown Sources'

- Open your phone's browser and surf to 'www.spotify.com/blog

- Depending on the country you're in, the first post will be about the new beta app. If you don't see it, switch your country (below on the webpage) to Switzerland (German) (I assume it will be posted to all the other blogs later today). You will then see a big green button that says 'Herunterladen'. Press it, and it will start installing the new app on your phone.

If you want to download the apk directly, use this link: http://download.spotify.com/android/PreviewSpotifyAndroid.apk

EDIT: In another topic, a moderator posted the following link, where you can also find the big green button, without having to go through the blog:  http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

Post any questions here, and the community will help you out.

Enjoy!

It's starting to like me, but I'd really like to find the option to add a whole Album to my starred music " they lack that boys.!!

Leo

Marked as solution

Leo

i need help with the beta ot wont let me log in at all

Suggested posts