Help - Android

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
Deathmic
Accepted Solution

Spotify PC can't find my Android Phone

Spotify can't find my Android Phone, it doesn't show up in the Devices list and I can't sync my local MP3 playlists to it.

Both the PC and Spotify are on the same network. Both Spotifys are logged in to the same account and can access the internet and play music. Online-Playlists are synced to the phone immediately and I can download online music no problem. I just can't sync my local MP3 playlists to the phone because it doesn't show up in the list of devices.

I have this issue both at my home computer and my office computer on another network. It's never worked on my home computer, but it worked on the office computer until a few weeks ago. I had a few weeks of sick leave and when I came back that computer couldn't find the phone anymore either.

I tried reinstalling the app on the phone and on both computers. Firewalls are not blocking traffic and antivir is not interfering. My Spotify account is premium of course.

I'd really like for this to work again!

neo-x
Kudos: 2,039
Solutions: 70

Re: Spotify PC can't find my Android Phone

Hmmm sounds pretty odd.

So you have your Spotify app open on the mobile device and its connected to the same network as your desktop PC?

I have my laptop over wifi, and my Android is connected to the same wifi. I have my Windows app open on my laptop and the mobile app is open on my Android, and the device shows under devices right away.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Gig Goer
Deathmic

Exactly. I have both open right now and am looking at them. The phone is connected to the wi-fi network, I can see it in my router and ping it from the PC.

I added a new playlist on the PC and it showed up in the list on the phone within a second. It's the same account and the same local network. Kinda driving me mad.

Gig Goer
Deathmic

I just completely reinstalled Spotify on both the PC and the phone, including restarting the devices after uninstalling and manually removing and leftover configuration. No change at all. Still can't see the phone.

neo-x
Kudos: 2,039
Solutions: 70

Is Spotify listed in the firewall with a rule to allow it, or have you tried completely to disable the firewall for a while and see if it helps.

If you are running a Internet Protection Suite they usually have Firewall + Antivirus software both + there is the WIndows Firewall to take care of.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Concert Regular
Jamb09

Hi there,

I have EXACT same problem as mentioned within the original post of this thread.

Cannot figure out for the life of me how to resolve this:

+ Connected to the same Wi-Fi networks on mobile and PC.

+ Logged in with same details using my premium Spotify account.

+ Using McAfee firewall, 'full' access is setup for Spotify.

+ Downloaded my playlists to my Samsung Galaxy S3 device.

- My local files on PC don't download to my Spotify playlist on my Android device.

- I've uninstalled the app on my Samsung and then re-downloaded the playlist, still no luck.

I really hope someone can help here, at my wits end!

Concert Regular
Jamb09

[ Edited ]

I have also carried out the below steps on my mobile:

Once you have imported your own music files into Spotify on your desktop computer, you can use Spotify to listen to all your own music files on your mobile. First, add your tracks to a playlist. Then set that playlist as “Available offline” in your mobile app.

Concert Regular
Jamb09

[ Edited ]

It seems to have fixed itself after tinkering around a bit. Not sure if any of the below actually helped but it's worth trying if anyone else comes across the same issue:

• Connect the mobile device to your PC/Laptop where the local files stored via USB.
  • Within Spotify select a playlist which includes local files, right click a playlist and select 'available offline' on the PC/Laptop.

After carrying out one of the above steps or just through sheer luck I've managed to get Spotify on my PC to recognise my Samsung again, this now appears within my device list and asks which playslists I want to sync with the device.

Music Lover
ravoravo

I have done eeeeverything that you all mentionned here and I am desperate to admit it but: nothing works. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, connected to the same Wi-Fi network as my compture (Windows). I have even sent an e-mail to Spotify. Waiting for their reply...

Peter
Kudos: 12,854
Solutions: 3,507

ravoravo wrote:

I have done eeeeverything that you all mentionned here and I am desperate to admit it but: nothing works. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, connected to the same Wi-Fi network as my compture (Windows). I have even sent an e-mail to Spotify. Waiting for their reply...

Sorry if you have already tried this, but have you tried completely disabling Windows firewall? 

My brother got his to work last night by disabling it ;) 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.