Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify and my HTC Evo 4g

Spotify and my HTC Evo 4g

after I did a system reset on my Evo, Spotify has stopped working. The app will open to the log in page, I put my info in, it goes to the spotify screen and says "playlists arent't available in offline mode" then shuts itself down. I'm wondering if there is another app I have that might be interfering with it.

I'm running software update 2.3.5 on an HTC Evo 4G

Help! I just signed up for premium and now I'm out of luck!

DN

4 Replies

Hey there.

Spotify isn't compatible with 4G at the moment - if you're trying to log into Spotify using that, I'd try bumping down to 3G briefly, or trying to connect via Wi-Fi.

If it still starts playing up, you might need to try a clean installation of the Android device. Although I must warn that any offline playlists you have would need to be resynced. I've included instructions below.

1. Open Spotify in your device
2. Go to "More" » "Settings" and select "Clear saved data"
3. Close Spotify and uninstall it from your device like this: Go to "Settings" » "Application"» "Manage applications".
4. Choose Spotify and press "Uninstall"
5. Restart your device
6. Then install Spotify once again through the Android Market, or by visiting m.spotify.com in your device's web browser

Airhorn Enthusiast

Nope. It still shuts itself down. So you think if I do a complete phone reset, that might help? I really don't want to have to re-install all of my apps. Any other thoughts?

The device may not be supported, but it worked like a champ until your last update (you know, the one way back in November?). Downgrading the software to 4.08 may work (solved a big crashing bug).

Also, are you trying to log in with your email or spotify Id? I know trying to log in with an email used to cause problems.

How can I get version 4.08? Do other markets have downgraded software? Thanks for the input.

Suggested posts