Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app exits directly after login, on ICS

Solved!

Spotify app exits directly after login, on ICS

I have a Nexus S android running ICS.

A couple of days ago the Spotify app started malfunctioning. When I started it, it would log in as expected and display the playlists. However, after a small number of seconds, it exited without any warning whatsoever. I cannot use the app anymore since it exits almost instantly.

I have tried to clear the app data and reinstalling the app, it didn't work.

(Another problem that I've had quite a while (that I think is unrelated) is that my offline playlists fade from the cache. I have to re-sync my phone every couple of days.)

/David

44 Replies

I have uninstalled and it work for a short while. Now it starts up to close down right away again on my ASUS Transformer Prime with ICS. I hope Spotify has an update coming out real soon. There are other ways to listen to music

Good news!

Spotify is working on a total remake of their Android App.

I've tested it and it seems to work on my Galaxy Nexus with ICS and the restart issue is gone.

You can try the beta on your own risk. Download here: http://www.spotify.com/se/download/previews/

Bad news about the new preview.

The offline problem is still there. Nothing changed except the looks. I'm running ICS 4.0.3  on SGS2 and it's still offline whenever not on wifi. Removing offline playlists did nothing, reinstalling did nothing, going to flightmode and bck did nothing, changing the colors of bathroom towels did nothing.

I really hope the final version will fix this. This is getting more than annoying and I'm paying for this, damnit.

DO SOMETHING.

Awesome, I can play music again! Woop woop! Cannot say anything more about the preview until i've tried it for a couple of days... Filth Isn't your issue OT here? It seems like you are having a different problem?

I disabled syncing of local files and that fixed it for me...

Suggested posts