Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes when I star a song that is playing

Solved!

Spotify crashes when I star a song that is playing

Hi,

Every time I star a song that is playing (to add it to fav and have it available offline) Spotify crashes.

I have an HTC Thunderbolt 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you haven't already, download and install the preview release over your current installation: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/ - this solved a lot of issues with crashes when adding to playlists or starring songs
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have had this problem as well on my Andriod device. On mine it just logs out and logs in again and you lose your listings and currently playing track.

Come on Spotify, lets have a fix.

Marked as solution

If you haven't already, download and install the preview release over your current installation: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/ - this solved a lot of issues with crashes when adding to playlists or starring songs
----------------

Thanks, I downloaded and installed the app. It solved the logging off & on issue.

The interface loses the familiar Desktop look opting for a whiter look. That annoying playing now screen that pops up when your playing music from search lists is gone also.

some of the old options are hidden behind various buttons and take a bit to find, would prefer more use of the menu key for these options but overall the new version is slicker and looks nice. So well done to the designers.

@jabberwocky wrote:

That annoying playing now screen that pops up when your playing music from search lists is gone also.

It's not completely gone - if you tap the now playing display at the bottom of the screen you get a full-screen view with more info and options. But yeah, it doesn't pop itself up automatically any more

----------------

Suggested posts