Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not loading Artist or Album or playlists on Samsung Tab 3

Spotify not loading Artist or Album or playlists on Samsung Tab 3

My rooted Samsung Galaxy. Tab 3 with Spotify V 0.7.6.357 won't load artist pages, album pages or playlists, really limiting the apps functionality. This issue has been going on for about 2 weeks. Tried reinstall and clearing cache, anything i could think of.
"SUPERUSER granted to shell" would come up, so I turned off Superuser and Spotify is still not loading these pages. The superuser message does not come up when Spotify tries to load them. I am certainly connected to the web, for  I can still search an artist and play tacks from the search results. 

4 Replies

SuperUser requests? That's odd, can you check the log and see what app was requesting permission as Spotify does not request any SU permissions.

I have a feeling you have an EQ installed like Viper or maybe an xPosed module that's tied into Spotify.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Mechanimal82, I'm fairly certain I do not have anythig like those two installed. 

Okay, I think my Spotify issue is fixed though, but I might have a bigger one regarding my SD card. After shutting down my Tab 3 yesterday, I booted it back up, the device got stuck in a boot loop. I took out the SD card and the boot loop stopped and it stayed powered on. When I put the SD card back in, about two hours later, instant boot loop until I took the card out again. Without the SD card (and after a reinstall), Spotify works better than ever, but does anyone have any idea why this would happen? Corrupt card? or does Spotify (or any other app) not play well with rooted devices perhaps? Once I have time, I'm going to check out the SD card on my Windows computer. 

Superuser was granting permission to shell about a dozen times a minute every few days. An xda thread suggested turning off debugging mode. I have yet to see the message again. 
However, I did format the sd card and put the SU files back on, and its be working fine. 

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Did you check the SU log to see what app it was requesting permissions? I'm rooted and have just checked my log and there is no log of Spotify requesting SU Permissions anywhere. I also have USB Debugging enabled.

Glad it seems to be working now, but I think this may be an issue with either the ROM you are running or possibly a conflicting app as opposed to Spotify. It may be worth posting in the ROMS thread on XDA if you encounter the issue again to see if anyone else has the same issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts