Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stopped working on my Android phone

Spotify stopped working on my Android phone

I am a spotify premium account holder and recently my spotify has stopped working. The playlist are highlighted in dark black as usual but when I click on them to play the tracks are in a light grey and it says I require spotify premuim.

My account status says I am on a free trial but I am paying a prmium fee every month..this has been going on for 2 weeks as I dont have a computer to research the problem just the phone.  I am now in the library trying to solve it but I cant seem to do it.

I am very close to just deleting my account. I emailed spotify and have heard nothing back but they are happy to keep taking my money it would seem. I now have no music on my phone and all my downloads have gone which have cost me moeny to downoad and store.

Please could somebody at spotify solve this issue as Im not happy at all.

Thankyou

3 Replies

Hey How Are You?

First off what phone are you using?
What is the software version?

What you should do.

1. Make sure you phone is up to date with software

2. Uninstall Spotify

3. Restart Phone

4. Go to Spotify Website and download latest version

5. Install Spotify

6. Restart your phone.

Post status after you do all of this!

It sounds like you have logged into spotify with the wrong credentials and created a new account. Try logging out and then back in with the right credentials which should fix it. If you are still having trouble, reply to the automated email response you got (even though it says not to reply) and the service staff will help you get it sorted.

@nial wrote:

I am a spotify premium account holder and recently my spotify has stopped working. The playlist are highlighted in dark black as usual but when I click on them to play the tracks are in a light grey and it says I require spotify premuim.

My account status says I am on a free trial but I am paying a prmium fee every month..this has been going on for 2 weeks as I dont have a computer to research the problem just the phone.  I am now in the library trying to solve it but I cant seem to do it.

I am very close to just deleting my account. I emailed spotify and have heard nothing back but they are happy to keep taking my money it would seem. I now have no music on my phone and all my downloads have gone which have cost me moeny to downoad and store.

Please could somebody at spotify solve this issue as Im not happy at all.

Thankyou

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Checking the account it looks like the last subscription wasn't taken. I'll ask our payments team to reply to your email as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience - we'll get this sorted.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

Suggested posts