Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When user go to search bar Search top bar use default Android color

When user go to search bar Search top bar use default Android color

Description

When user go to search bar Search top bar use default Android color - should be Spotify "dark grey" color

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

1. Open Application on Android 4.4 (not sure about other versions)

2. Open Side menu

3. Press "Search" on side menu list

4. Check color of top bar - search bar.

What I expected to happen

On all other side menu options topbar is grey. Only on Search (probably because there is entry field) default Android color is keept.

Did you restart your device

Yes,

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Nexus 4

Device’s Operating System

Android 4.4.2

What type of account do you have?

Free,

Space left on your device

2,05 GB

Space left on your SD&External SD card

No SD Card as far as I know

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No.

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

My mobile Spotify version

My mobile provider and country

Aero2 Poland

My username

Can`t find this - my FB piotr.gackowski

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

No

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Facebook login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

As attached screens - one of them shows standard color of topbar, one is with broken search color.

Screenshot_2014-04-02-13-33-37.png
Screenshot_2014-04-02-13-33-41.png
2 Replies

I noticed this too.  However, I think this color is the Android standard of "Selected" or "Active".  The color change may be to point out that there is a text box up there and is currently active, ready to recieve your input.  I'm not too familiar with how Andriod apps are developed but there may be a better reason for the color change, maybe I'll play around with my bluetooth keyboard w/ arrow keys and see what happens.

EDIT: After doing that I realized that the app doesn't really support arrow keys very well, at least on phones.  It was acting all kinds of crazy and somehow I had even selected an option that made a playlist I had opened suddenly look like it was empty.  My heart dropped until I realized it didn't actually do anything.  

I also noticed that filtering through playlists looks different.  The container for entering text is colored green and the background is gray.  So you are right, the design is a bit inconsistent here, though I didn't think much of it until you pointed it out.  I'm still wondering if there is an Android-developer-related reason for this.

I noted this in the release thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Release-Notes-Spotify-for-Android-0-7-8-566/td-p/719277

Spotify hasn't responded, but it looks like a piece of their new UI. They just switched the web player to a darker version with thin, hard-to-read fonts. While Apple and Google have been pushing brighter UIs, Spotify is zigging while the industry zags. Though they did seem to copy the font from the iOS beta that was too thin to read and caused an uproar loud enough for Apple to change it. I really have no idea who is coming up with these ideas, it's amazing. 

At any rate, don't expect to hear much about this any time soon. Making search worse on Android and not addressing it is apparently  a hallowed Spotify tradition: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Search-history-on-Andriod/td-p/575104

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Suggested posts