Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where does Spotify save the offline playlist files?

Solved!

Where does Spotify save the offline playlist files?

I have a samsung galaxy S2 and recently started using spotify. I set up the offline sync to the directory /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/media/spotify. After syncing up a few playlists, I can indeed listen to them offline using Spotify.

However, I would like to find these song files if possible or at least have the media scanner on Android find them so I can use a different player to listen to these songs from the offline playlists. Inside the SD drive, I can find the spotify folder with directories /android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/ and then /cache and /files. However exploring further, I cannot find any audio files.

Where are they hiding them? Thanks for your help on this difficult question.

Top Answer
Alex
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Downloaded playlists/ albums are stored on your device in the form of cache files. 

You can follow the instructions in this Support Article in order to change the default downloads location on your device.

NOTE: On Android devices, try formatting your SD card as Portable storage if you want to save data manually to it. If it is formatted as Internal storage, the OS will see it as the same pool of memory as your phone's internal storage and you won't have control over where Spotify saves downloads.

Please be aware that you need to go Online every 30 days in order to keep your downloaded files.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions.

47 Replies

*encrypted

Is it at all possible to use any music from my spotify account in a personal movie-maker video?

No. It's subject to copyright and encrypted.

Hello! I currently pay for Spotify premium and have music playable offline. I am wondering what happens if I use the free version of Spotify, will I still have my previous offline playlist available ?

Nope.

I recently updated the app and I can't save songs onto my sd card, before I could but now the option isn't there in the settings. 

I simply just share the sung to my own and save the music e- mail to sd. Job done.

Hey folks,

Downloaded playlists/ albums are stored on your device in the form of cache files. 

You can follow the instructions in this Support Article in order to change the default downloads location on your device.

NOTE: On Android devices, try formatting your SD card as Portable storage if you want to save data manually to it. If it is formatted as Internal storage, the OS will see it as the same pool of memory as your phone's internal storage and you won't have control over where Spotify saves downloads.

Please be aware that you need to go Online every 30 days in order to keep your downloaded files.

Hope you find this info helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts