Help - Android

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
finmar08

Wifi?

I can really find a post that directly talks about it, but why can I not use spotify over wifi, but only over 3G? I don't have a lot of data and just purchased a premium account, so would really like to be able to use my wifi to use it on my phone.

Peter
Kudos: 11,974
Solutions: 3,279
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Wifi?

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

You should be able to use Spotify over WiFi, can you describe the behaviour you get and on what device?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
finmar08

Okay.  That is good it should work on wifi.  I try signing into Spotify on my phone (I do it through facebook) and it sits and loads/buffers forever, but never logs me on.  

Peter
Kudos: 11,974
Solutions: 3,279
I'm a Community Rock Star

finmar08 wrote:

Okay.  That is good it should work on wifi.  I try signing into Spotify on my phone (I do it through facebook) and it sits and loads/buffers forever, but never logs me on.  

Is it possible your router is preventing Spotify from accessing the internet via WiFi? 

The IP addresses and ports you need open for Spotify are outlined in the troubleshooting connection issue guide

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.