Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't let me play any music on my Samsung galaxy tab

Solved!

Won't let me play any music on my Samsung galaxy tab

I downloaded the Spotify free app on my Samsung tab last week and it worked fine. Now it won't let me listen to any tracks. I can still search for music but anything I find is just grayed out and when I try to play tracks it just pops up a window that says info. That's it just info. Anyone know what I can do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yep, to use Spotify on a mobile device (defined in this case as a device running an OS designed for mobiles - iOS and Android) then you must have a Premium subscription. Far from unreasonable, it's a key benefit of the Premium subscription level - Spotify (and any such service) can't offer everything for free.

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey, welcome to the Community.

It looks like your account is on the free subscription at the moment so you won't be able to stream songs to your phone (it looks like you were on the 48 hour free trial before).

This 'info' popup does sound a bit unusual though, as there should be some information. Out of interest, which version of the Galaxy Tab are you using?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I get the same thing with my Adroind (Samsung Galaxy Nexus)

I am using the Free spotify.

Just a green Info bar, with an "OK" button underit.

jji

I got same.error.now. it worked some days and now.it just.pop that info popup whit ok button. I use samsung nexus too
Plz advice. Thanks

Hello,

These devices are working on the same system as our mobile devices, you would need to have a Premium subscription to access the full range of features of Spotify on your tablet.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I have premium and a lot of my music is gray but when I play a song it freezes up a lot it plays just fine on my computer but not my phone. So far I'm not likening it I need help on solving this so I can listen to it when I work out and on the go I listen to music at work all the time this is why I got this.  Help Please........

i get this on my Nexus and my galaxy tablet. Are yousaying it will never work unless i get the premium version? Seems unreasonable 😞
Marked as solution

Yep, to use Spotify on a mobile device (defined in this case as a device running an OS designed for mobiles - iOS and Android) then you must have a Premium subscription. Far from unreasonable, it's a key benefit of the Premium subscription level - Spotify (and any such service) can't offer everything for free.

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Have premium but I can't play my android off line, works fine on my phone...?

Suggested posts