Close
Music Fan
lnkn85
Accepted Solution

Won't let me play any music on my Samsung galaxy tab

I downloaded the Spotify free app on my Samsung tab last week and it worked fine. Now it won't let me listen to any tracks. I can still search for music but anything I find is just grayed out and when I try to play tracks it just pops up a window that says info. That's it just info. Anyone know what I can do?

Richard

Re: Won't let me play any music on my Samsung galaxy tab

Hey, welcome to the Community.

It looks like your account is on the free subscription at the moment so you won't be able to stream songs to your phone (it looks like you were on the 48 hour free trial before).

This 'info' popup does sound a bit unusual though, as there should be some information. Out of interest, which version of the Galaxy Tab are you using?
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Music Fan
trying_it_out

I get the same thing with my Adroind (Samsung Galaxy Nexus)

I am using the Free spotify.

Just a green Info bar, with an "OK" button underit.

jji

Music Fan
scifi42

I got same.error.now. it worked some days and now.it just.pop that info popup whit ok button. I use samsung nexus too
Plz advice. Thanks
Spotify
David

[ Edited ]

Hello,

These devices are working on the same system as our mobile devices, you would need to have a Premium subscription to access the full range of features of Spotify on your tablet.

-----
Spotify
Music Fan
jamieh

Re: Won't let me play any music on my Samsung galaxy touch

I have premium and a lot of my music is gray but when I play a song it freezes up a lot it plays just fine on my computer but not my phone. So far I'm not likening it I need help on solving this so I can listen to it when I work out and on the go I listen to music at work all the time this is why I got this.  Help Please........

Music Fan
joebob

i get this on my Nexus and my galaxy tablet. Are yousaying it will never work unless i get the premium version? Seems unreasonable :(
Community Legend
licenced

[ Edited ]

Yep, to use Spotify on a mobile device (defined in this case as a device running an OS designed for mobiles - iOS and Android) then you must have a Premium subscription. Far from unreasonable, it's a key benefit of the Premium subscription level - Spotify (and any such service) can't offer everything for free.

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.