Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music Offline? Android App

Solved!

Your Music Offline? Android App

The idea of "Your Music" seems great, but I have one question I do not see a solution for:

Can you add an album to "Your Music" and make it available offline without putting into a downloaded playlist? Same would go for songs and artist added to "Your Music."

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes for Albums - you can make both Albums and Artists available offline from their respective screen. Songs can't be made available offline at the moment so you still need playlists to some extent.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yes, that seems to be the case. But why? Will there be a solution for making Songs offline quick and easy?

Marked as solution

Do you have the either that album available offline in the albums tab or all songs in your music offline?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Saving an album just adds it to My Music but to listen to it offline, you also need to toggle the "available offline" switch in album view on your mobile.

16 Replies
Marked as solution

Yes for Albums - you can make both Albums and Artists available offline from their respective screen. Songs can't be made available offline at the moment so you still need playlists to some extent.

Marked as solution

Yes, that seems to be the case. But why? Will there be a solution for making Songs offline quick and easy?

I think it was mentioned somewhere it is coming in the future.

Peter

So it's not really "sloved" yet.

What really bothers me now, is that if I put an album in a playlist, and make that available offline, then it doesn't show up in my offline albums.

This is a real pain, since I have an 'on mobile' playlist I use to dump albums into I want to listen to offline.

That kind of makes sense. Why not add the albums to My Music instead and make those available offline? You can then sort albums on "recently added".

When I am online, I save the album. Then to test it, I turn off data my android phone and attempt to play the album offline. It does not, only returns with "No internet connection available". Any thoughts?

Marked as solution

Do you have the either that album available offline in the albums tab or all songs in your music offline?

Peter

Marked as solution

Saving an album just adds it to My Music but to listen to it offline, you also need to toggle the "available offline" switch in album view on your mobile.

Hello Peter,

Thank you. I needed to slide the "available offline" button.

Thank you, this did the trick.

Happy!

Can listen to playlists off-line but not downloaded albums

Albums won't play in off-line mode

How,for albums?

Hey there @GrantS64!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try restarting your phone to see if that makes any difference for you?

It's a also a good to try a clean reinstall with the steps here but keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

If that doesn't make a difference for you could you let us know your phones model and OS version, so that we'd be able to look further into this.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Cool,it worked, can now listen to playlists, artists and albums off-line.
I also downloaded the latest software update on my note 10 plus last Thursday.
A big thank you.

Suggested posts