Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Do recommend songs for an excluded playlist affect taste profile?

Do recommend/suggested songs that appear at the bottom of a playlist affect your taste profile, if the playlist itself is excluded from your taste profile?I have a instrumental playlist for work/focusing that I have excluded, and want to add more son...

• Casual Listener
  • Do recommend/suggested songs that appear at the bottom of a playlist affect your taste profile, if the playlist itself is excluded from your taste profile? I have a instrumental playlist for work/...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Voice speed when plaing podcasts

Suddenly all my podcast have been sped up in speed. So the voices are "fast forwarding". This happened over night, and it's super annoying! How can i change it?

• Visitor
  • Suddenly all my podcast have been sped up in speed. So the voices are "fast forwarding". This happened over night, and it's super annoying! How can i change it?
  • Rohdot
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove downloads from reset device

I reset my android phone and my computer then gave them away and now when I try to download playlists on my new computer, I get a device download limit when the only device I have is a new phone. I've tried logging out of all devices but that doesn't...

• Visitor
  • I reset my android phone and my computer then gave them away and now when I try to download playlists on my new computer, I get a device download limit when the only device I have is a new phone. I'v...
  • Rohdot
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Dj

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,e...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macb...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hi I don't want to see on my phone what my daughter listen to when she uses

HiI don't want to see on my phone what my daughter listen to when she uses spotify on her device.RegardsMariusz

• Visitor
  • Hi I don't want to see on my phone what my daughter listen to when she uses spotify on her device. Regards Mariusz
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When searching for a specific song in a Playlist...

When I look to play a specific song within a Playlist and I search for it, I try and click the song I want and it does not seem to register that I have searched at all, and plays a different song than I click. It seems to just play the song that woul...

• Casual Listener
  • When I look to play a specific song within a Playlist and I search for it, I try and click the song I want and it does not seem to register that I have searched at all, and plays a different song tha...
  • Kimmy118
  • Casual Listener
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify stops after playing the song/podcast for 1 sec

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceAndroid A20e My Question or IssueMy music always stops when i want to listen to someting (a song/podcast). It has been like this for more than weeks now and It's pretty annoying. I already search on Google, but didn't f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Android A20e     My Question or Issue My music always stops when i want to listen to someting (a song/podcast). It has been like this for more t...
  • MihailY
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Car Mode not in Settings (not Car view, different thing)

In the settings menu, car mode is not there. I cannot turn it on or off as it isn't an option. It doesn't come on automatically when I start my car.DO NOT MERGE WITH AN OLD AND DEAD THREAD. THIS NOT ABOUT CAR VIEW, THIS IS CAR MODE. DIFFERENT THINGS....

• Regular
  • In the settings menu, car mode is not there. I cannot turn it on or off as it isn't an option. It doesn't come on automatically when I start my car. DO NOT MERGE WITH AN OLD AND DEAD THREAD. THIS ...
  • wq5az41bcwzbind3fs7h
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify stops after a few Songs and the App closes

Its like the Playback issue from summer 2022. It plays A few Songs successfully and the the App closes completly and I have to start it again. It happens faster if I my Phone is not used.

• Visitor
  • Its like the Playback issue from summer 2022. It plays A few Songs successfully and the the App closes completly and I have to start it again. It happens faster if I my Phone is not used.
  • BabyEcho0_YT_SP
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! spotify won't download songs

I just got a spotify premium on my account and went on to download a playlist (140 songs) and the app will only download 1 and have a ! next to the other songs in the playlist

• Casual Listener
  • I just got a spotify premium on my account and went on to download a playlist (140 songs) and the app will only download 1 and have a ! next to the other songs in the playlist
  • Dimitron38
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Like or Dislike Songs

I have a free plan, and I was adding some songs to my favorites playlist, but all of a sudden it just didn't let me add anymore. I thought it reached a maximum number or something but I'd didn't let me dislike songs either. Anyone have answers?

• I have a free plan, and I was adding some songs to my favorites playlist, but all of a sudden it just didn't let me add anymore. I thought it reached a maximum number or something but I'd didn't let ...
  • Seme-
  • Visitor
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to open Spotify on Android 8. 0.0

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandDeviceHuawei nova 2 liteOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueAft...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. PlanPremium Country New Zealand Device Huawei nova 2 lite Operating Syste...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Enhance button was so much better than "smart shuffle"

It was a simple toggle button on your playlist and you could clearly see the songs that were added. It was intuitive and useful, so of course Spotify had to go and ruin it. Now, with smart shuffle, the user has to figure out where are these added son...

• Regular
  • It was a simple toggle button on your playlist and you could clearly see the songs that were added. It was intuitive and useful, so of course Spotify had to go and ruin it.   Now, with smart s...
  • Bobsagget97
  • 19 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 15 likes

Superuser Contribution Equalizer turns off alone on my phone

I turn on the equalizer and when the next song starts i have to turn it on again

• Visitor
  • I turn on the equalizer and when the next song starts i have to turn it on again
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App randomly switching to devices not linked to the account or even in the same location.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceOnePlus 9 ProOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueToday my app started to play music I do not normally listen to and started streaming to a device not linked to my account or is even in this location. I logged out o...

• Plan Premium Country USA   Device OnePlus 9 Pro Operating System Android    My Question or Issue Today my app started to play music I do not normally listen to and star...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes