Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to see sort or see sorted songs in playlist in android app

I started having this issue in the last month (Jan 2023). Spotify tells me to sort on the desktop app and while that works, the sort of songs in the playlist IS NOT REFLECTED in the android app. I'm a premium customer and this is really CRITICAL feat...

• Regular
  • I started having this issue in the last month (Jan 2023). Spotify tells me to sort on the desktop app and while that works, the sort of songs in the playlist IS NOT REFLECTED in the android app. I'm ...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Frequent auto-pausing during playback

Plan: Premium Country: Canada Device: Samsung Galaxy A32 5G Operating System: Android My Question or Issue: Throughout the last couple of weeks I have been experiencing spotify auto-pausing my podcasts during playback. The autopausing seems to happen...

• Visitor
  •       Plan: Premium       Country: Canada       Device: Samsung Galaxy A32 5G       Operating System: Android    ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Liking songs sync issue with mobile app

PlanPremiumDeviceGalaxy S22Operating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueWhen I'm listening to something on the phone app and I like the song on the web player (which I'm using as a controller sort of), the song doesn't like on the mobile app. And v...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Device Galaxy S22 Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue When I'm listening to something on the phone app and I like the song on the web player (which I'm using ...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android App
    desktop app
    liking songs
    sync problem
    web app
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Blocking Users

When I block a user in a matter of hours when I check again they are always unblocked and I have to do it again. How can I be sure the user is 100% blocked when you come back to it and it shows them as unblocked and gives to an option to block them a...

• When I block a user in a matter of hours when I check again they are always unblocked and I have to do it again. How can I be sure the user is 100%  blocked when you come back to it and it shows...
  • Lyubka
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Removed downloads, still using a lot of storage

So I have been running low on storage space on my phone for a while now. I decided to go through and remove all the songs I had downloaded. So why is spotify still taking up roughly 2-3GB of storage?Only thing I can think of, since I've removed all d...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have been running low on storage space on my phone for a while now. I decided to go through and remove all the songs I had downloaded. So why is spotify still taking up roughly 2-3GB of storage?...
  • Kingzombie40487
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution design changed without update

my design changed without an update while I was listening. the share-button swapped places with the title and the artist. I've already deleted and re-installed the app but nothing changed. my friends who have the same phone as me still have the norma...

• Visitor
  • my design changed without an update while I was listening. the share-button swapped places with the title and the artist. I've already deleted and re-installed the app but nothing changed. my friends...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

add to home button are missing ホーム画面に追加 が出来ません

モバイルにおいて、ホーム画面に追加 のボタンが見つかりません。以前は可能でした。バージョンが最新であることは確認しました。再ログインを行いました。

• Visitor
  • モバイルにおいて、ホーム画面に追加 のボタンが見つかりません。 以前は可能でした。 バージョンが最新であることは確認しました。 再ログインを行いました。
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

My Spotify won’t connect on one of my fire sticks but will on the other why

I have two fire sticks in my home and until recently Spotify worked perfectly on both of them all of a sudden one of the fire sticks won’t connect to Spotify but every other application on it works so I know Spotify is the issue

• Visitor
  • I have two fire sticks in my home and until recently Spotify worked perfectly on both of them all of a sudden one of the fire sticks won’t connect to Spotify but every other application on it works s...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Controls disappear when a podcast ad is skipped forward

Here's a terrible customer experience I keep having:A podcast ad startsI use the skip 15 buttonAll controls disappear(Since this doesn't happen literally every time, I sometimes tap the button a few times, but when it disappears, I end up clicking so...

• Regular
  • Here's a terrible customer experience I keep having: A podcast ad starts I use the skip 15 button All controls disappear (Since this doesn't happen literally every time, I sometimes tap the butt...
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist repeat button is missing

About 2 days ago my playlist repeat button disappeared. I still can repeat individual songs. But I use the playlist repeat button all the time and now its gone and automatically plays recommended songs once the playlist is done.

• Visitor
  • About 2 days ago my playlist repeat button disappeared. I still can repeat individual songs. But I use the playlist repeat button all the time and now its gone and automatically plays recommended s...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't find the download button in my playlist

When I searched up in YouTube I found that people know where is it but when I do what they say nothing happens it just doesn't show

• Visitor
  • When I searched up in YouTube I found that people know where is it but when I do what they say nothing happens it just doesn't show
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution no internet connection available / you are offline on mobile data

Yes, that issue again. I've been having this problem for more than one full month now, and I have tried EVERYTHING I could find. I've read all the threads, I've watched loads of videos, read multiple articles on the issue, and along the way, got more...

• Regular
  • Yes, that issue again. I've been having this problem for more than one full month now, and I have tried EVERYTHING I could find. I've read all the threads, I've watched loads of videos, read multiple...
  • Lyubka
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

The Play Queue only take 80 songs

I have some playlists with more than 80 songs, but when i want to play one the Play Queue only take 80 songs and i can´t listen all my playlist on the same play queue. It hapen on my PC and my android

• I have some playlists with more than 80 songs, but when i want to play one  the Play Queue only take 80 songs and i can´t listen all my playlist on the same play queue.  It hapen on my PC ...
  • kingingold
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Overlapping buttons in the player.

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceFairphone 4Operating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueOn the latest update there is an overlapping button on the topbar in the player; the play and options button. Steps to reproduceThe issue is most visible on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Fairphone 4 Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue On the latest update there is an overlapping button on the topbar in the player; ...
  • faultym
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    player
    UI
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify keeps forgetting my queue and playlist

After random times of pausing music (can be 5-10 minutes, can last until the next day sometimes) Spotify forgets what playlist I was listening to and typically the queue is now the last song played and usually the next 2 after it, and forgets everyth...

• After random times of pausing music (can be 5-10 minutes, can last until the next day sometimes) Spotify forgets what playlist I was listening to and typically the queue is now the last song played a...
  • AmaniHiphop
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: [All Platforms] Songs in the Play Queue duplicate and repeat

Issue started happening in DecemberMy device: Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Android 13Spotify Version 8.8.2.434 When I stop playing from a playlist and come back to it, sometimes the same 2-4 songs just repeatedly loop until I pick another playlist and come...

• Issue started happening in December My device: Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Android 13 Spotify Version 8.8.2.434   When I stop playing from a playlist and come back to it, sometimes the same 2-4 s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Denon and Spotify Connect - only for premium users

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung S7 - Denon AVR-x1000Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 I have recently updated firmware on my Denon AVR-X1000 receiver hoping to be able to use Spotify Connect as I have heard that it will be available for Spotify Free ...

Screenshot_20190420-002131_Spotify.jpg
  •   Plan Free Country Australia Device Samsung S7 - Denon AVR-x1000 Operating System Android 8.0   I have recently updated firmware on my Denon AVR-X1000 receiver hoping to be able ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook messenger completly stops spotify playing

Whenever I get a messenger notification, spotify will completely stopPlanPremiumCountryNew Zealand DeviceSamsung galaxy tab lite My Question or IssueEvery time someone messages on fb messenger spotify will completely stop until I press play again. Do...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I get a messenger notification, spotify will completely stop Plan Premium Country New Zealand   Device Samsung galaxy tab lite   My Question or Issue Every time someone m...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes