Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Lite doesn't enforce explicit content filter set at family level

In a Spotify Family setup, turning on Explicit Content Filter at the family level is not enforced in the Spotify Lite app, the user can still turn off the Explicit Content Filter, unlike the full Spotify app where it is enforced correctly and the use...

• Casual Listener
  • In a Spotify Family setup, turning on Explicit Content Filter at the family level is not enforced in the Spotify Lite app, the user can still turn off the Explicit Content Filter, unlike the full Spo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify on android is totally usless

PlanFreeCountry Norway DeviceHuawei p10Operating System android( My Question or Issuethe music stops when the screen is turned off and everything that i can allow is allowed for the app to be running. until now i was able to force the app to run via ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Norway   Device Huawei p10 Operating System android (   My Question or Issue the music stops when the screen is turned off and everything that i can allow ...
  • Eni
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution why my search history deletes itself every day?

every time I open the app and I go to my search history it appears empty, my search history keep deleting itself, it's a bit inoyed

• every time I open the app and I go to my search history it appears empty, my search history keep deleting itself, it's a bit inoyed
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Nach 3 Songs wird die Wiedergabe abgebrochen

Wenn ich Mobile Daten ausgeschaltet hatte, konnte ich dennoch alle runtergeladenen Songs in meinen Playlists hören. Das geht nun nicht mehr. Ich muss Mobile Daten angeschaltet lassen und dann spielt er drei Songs und stoppt dann.Ich hatte vorgestern ...

• Visitor
  • Wenn ich Mobile Daten ausgeschaltet hatte, konnte ich dennoch alle runtergeladenen Songs in meinen Playlists hören. Das geht nun nicht mehr. Ich muss Mobile Daten angeschaltet lassen und dann spielt ...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to find normal Equalizer.

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceOneNote 9 ProOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueI am unable to find the Equalizer for Spotify on my Android phone. My GF has a different Android phone where it works perfectly. I have tried re-installing etc,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device OneNote 9 Pro Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue I am unable to find the Equalizer for Spotify on my Android phone. My GF has a diffe...
  • MihailY
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hallo, bekomme Spotify auf meinem Samsung S8 nicht geöffnet!

Hallo,bekomme Spotify auf meinem Samsung S( nicht geöffnet!Es kommt immer die Meldung:Diese Kombination aus E-Mail-Adresse und Passwort ist falschDarunter ein grüner Botton mit OKDrücke ich auf OK erscheint das gleiche Fenster wieder!Ich muss sogar e...

• Visitor
  • Hallo, bekomme Spotify auf meinem Samsung S( nicht geöffnet! Es kommt immer die Meldung: Diese Kombination aus E-Mail-Adresse und Passwort ist falsch Darunter ein grüner Botton mit OK Drücke...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast features not working

PlanSpotify Premium FamilyCountryUSADeviceGoogle Pixel 3a XL My Question or IssueThe same problem for different features: When I tap on the buttons, nothing happens. This happens on both the podcast's "sort" button and the episode's play button (as h...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Spotify Premium Family Country USA Device Google Pixel 3a XL   My Question or Issue The same problem for different features: When I tap on the buttons, nothing happens.  This h...
  • Sarahrados
  • Visitor
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • buttons
    Play
    podcast
    Podcasts
    technical problem
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Ad doesn't play unless I go into the app to replay the playlist

Have recently had an issue with a Viking Line ad on both Spotify mobile and PC. So this ad doesn't play automatically like other ads do, but it wants me to stop what I'm doing to go into the app and press "shuffle play" on the playlist I'm trying to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Have recently had an issue with a Viking Line ad on both Spotify mobile and PC. So this ad doesn't play automatically like other ads do, but it wants me to stop what I'm doing to go into the app and ...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay is not working since the most recent update.

Since this last update the app has become so frustrating to use. I Autoplay isn't working. I have tried all of the recommended things, but it still doesn't work.Also it will only play approximately 5-7 songs of a playlist then stops. I have to close ...

• Visitor
  • Since this last update the app has become so frustrating to use. I Autoplay isn't working. I have tried all of the recommended things, but it still doesn't work. Also it will only play approximate...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The karaoke feature isn't working on 4G

I live in Bridgwater, UK and I have got 4G on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, and I have the latest version of both the Spotify app (8.7.82.94) and vice versa.What's going on?

• I live in Bridgwater, UK and I have got 4G on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, and I have the latest version of both the Spotify app (8.7.82.94) and vice versa. What's going on?
  • TwinedGuide8461
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Other] Sleep timer

Hello. I have search my app over and over to include clicking the 3 dot menu. There is no option for a sleep timer. May one please be added?

• Visitor
  • Hello. I have search my app over and over to include clicking the 3 dot menu. There is no option for a sleep timer. May one please be added? 
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot toggle shuffle when playing from "Playing recommended songs for you"

Whenever a playlist ends without repeat enabled and it starts playing recommended songs, it is not possible to press the shuffle button on that playlist and the message "You discovered a Premium feature!" appears, despite having Premium.To reproduce:...

• Whenever a playlist ends without repeat enabled and it starts playing recommended songs, it is not possible to press the shuffle button on that playlist and the message "You discovered a Premium feat...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Smart Lock & This Email and Password combination is incorrect

I have been using spotify on my desktop & on my phone (Moto x⁴) for months now without issue, now all of a sudden I seem to have one after another. I tried to open spotify today on my phone and for some reason it had a blue banner at the bottom that ...

• Visitor
  • I have been using spotify on my desktop & on my phone (Moto x⁴) for months now without issue, now all of a sudden I seem to have one after another.   I tried to open spotify today on ...
  • adrifebri
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Deleted Playlists won't delete from android alarm

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DevicePixel Pro 7Operating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueClock alarm on Android 13 can play spotify playlist.I delete spotify Playlist, but it won't away from good morning section in alarm play list selection.I changed al...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Pixel Pro 7 Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue Clock alarm on Android 13 can play spotify playlist. I delete spotify Playlist, ...
  • Joan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution account number:p****@matedamen.com password******

account number:p***************** password****************The mailbox cannot receive the reset password mail ,Please change a new one for me, please send a new password to the email:**********@163.com

• Visitor
  • account number:p***************** password**************** The mailbox cannot receive the reset password mail ,Please change a new one for me, please send a new password to the email:**********@163....
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution cant access downloaded songs after reopening app

when i am in offline mode or dont have internet access and i close and reopen the app so that it loads again all my downloaded songs are grayed out and i cant play them help i tried every single solution on this board like a clean reset or messing wi...

• Visitor
  • when i am in offline mode or dont have internet access and i close and reopen the app so that it loads again all my downloaded songs are grayed out and i cant play them help i tried every single solu...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes