Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change Order of Playlists

How do you change the order that your playlists appear on the app/web player? In the app, you have the option to "Sort By" a few different options, but none of them allow you to customize the order in which your own playlists appear, only choose betw...

• Casual Listener
  • How do you change the order that your playlists appear on the app/web player?   In the app, you have the option to "Sort By" a few different options, but none of them allow you to customize th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't access to the spotify's "today top fans" or other similer storylike things.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry:Azerbaijan Device:Samsung galaxy A71Operating System:Android 11 My Question or Issue:I can't acces to the spotify's "today top fans" or other storylike things on my Spotify.How can I access them

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country:Azerbaijan   Device:Samsung galaxy A71 Operating System:Android 11     My Question or Issue:I can't acces to the spotify's "today top fans" or other s...
  • zelledelosreyes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to enable Lock Screen widget?

PlanFreeCountryThailandDevicevivo Y53Operating SystemAndroid 6.0.1 My Question or IssueAs the subject said, I cannot enable the lock screen.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Thailand Device vivo Y53 Operating System Android 6.0.1   My Question or Issue As the subject said, I cannot enable the lock screen.
  • OscarDC
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist made for you background music keep playing

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePixel 6Operating SystemAndroid 13App version 8.7.66.534My Question or IssueStep to reproduce1. Open App2. Tap banner for "playlist made for you" (or just start the mini-app)3. start progressing through setup, at the colo...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Pixel 6 Operating System Android 13 App version 8.7.66.534 My Question or Issue Step to reproduce 1. Open App 2. Tap banner for "playlist made for you" ...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Add to queue button disappeared

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceMoto e Operating SystemAndroid Spotify Version8.7.66.532 My Question or IssueAdded local files to Spotify last week. Everything worked fine. I could both add to playlists and add to queue. Now I can't do either for one of...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device Moto e   Operating System Android   Spotify Version 8.7.66.532   My Question or Issue Added local files to Spotify last we...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sharing Music Via Text

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 20 UltraOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueI frequently share music with my friends via text. I used to about a year or so ago receive a preview thumbnail of the track shared or when I share ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue I frequently share music with my friends via text. I used to abo...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Wear OS] Library -> Playlists only shows Playlists, but no Folders

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy Watch 4Operating SystemWear OS My Question or IssueWhen navigating to Library -> Playlists on my watch, folders are not listed and it is therefore impossible to navigate to any playlists that are in those folders when ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Operating System Wear OS   My Question or Issue When navigating to Library -> Playlists on my watch, folders are not listed and it is theref...
  • KiwiAcer
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution [Nest Hub 2.Gen] Display stays on, when Podcast playing

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceGoogle Nest Hub 2. Generation, newest versionOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueTo fall asleep, I listen to podcasts via Spotify on my Google NestHub. For about two months now, I've had the problem that the scr...

• Regular
  • ...einstall app, install spotify beta version, install spotify public version. Nothing could fix the issue.    Thank you and please, please fix this 😥
  • AlejaR
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback Speed on Local Files

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Note 20 Ultra and Samsung Tab S7+Operating SystemAndroid 11 This happens on my Note 20 Ultra and Tab S7+. I have a few playlists that are mostly songs off of Spotify with some local files mixed in. Whether I'm strea...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Note 20 Ultra and Samsung Tab S7+ Operating System Android 11   This happens on my Note 20 Ultra and Tab S7+. I have a few playlists that are mos...
  • Daviek
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Screeching/glitchy sound pixel phone

Im getting a screeching/glitchy sound in random places, in random songs. Once it happens its always there, like that part of the song file is corrupted.It only happens on my pixel 6a phone, using spotify and my Bluetooth philips TAT2206 headphones.I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Im getting a screeching/glitchy sound in random places, in random songs. Once it happens its always there, like that part of the song file is corrupted. It only happens on my pixel 6a phone, using s...
  • Elena
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Choppy playback through wired headphones

Whenever I lock my phone screen the music is lagging and choppy, but it plays normal when if I use my phones speaker and lock my screen. I didn't have this issue half an hour ago before I updated my phone. I've reinstalled spotify, changed all the op...

• Visitor
  • Whenever I lock my phone screen the music is lagging and choppy, but it plays normal when if I use my phones speaker and lock my screen. I didn't have this issue half an hour ago before I updated my ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't rename Blends in Android app, but can in IOS

PlanPremiumCountryUK DevicePixel 5Operating SystemAndroid 13 (including September 2022 security update)Spotify app version8.7.68.568 (latest at time of posting)My Question or IssueIt is not possible to rename a Spotify Blend on the Android app (the f...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK  Device Pixel 5 Operating System Android 13 (including September 2022 security update) Spotify app version 8.7.68.568 (latest at time of posting) My Question or...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Blend
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast audio and Spotify - Stuttering

Hello, I just set up my chromecast audio and I'm supposed to be able to stream spotify music to my speakers through it. I play music on my iphone and then I select the device and it starts working at first. after a few songs it always starts stutteri...

• Hello, I just set up my chromecast audio and I'm supposed to be able to stream spotify music to my speakers through it. I play music on my iphone and then I select the device and it starts working at...
  • Qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
  • 33 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 33 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Sudden volume drop.

I love spotify. My issue is that on Android with my phone, Spotify suddenly just drops the volume to 40% inexplicably.

• Visitor
  • I love spotify. My issue is that on Android with my phone, Spotify suddenly just drops the volume to 40% inexplicably.    
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Support gave up on me -ongoing SD card bug

I have been going backwards and forwards with support on this issue for weeks and every time they give the same answer. They don't read any previous emails or listen to what I have done to try and fix this problem. It was only when I researched this ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been going backwards and forwards with support on this issue for weeks and every time they give the same answer. They don't read any previous emails or listen to what I have done to try and fi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Lite

The shuffle button and popular song are not showing up in the artist pagePlanFreeCountryIndia DeviceXiaomi 7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueThe shuffle button and popular song are not showing up in the artist page.

• The shuffle button and popular song are not showing up in the artist page Plan Free Country India  Device Xiaomi 7 Operating System Android    My Question or Issue The shuff...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Serious glitch on Spotify Web Player

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceHP Chromebook x360 14cOperating SystemChromeOS v105 My Question or IssueHi, there's a strange glitch on the Web Player where music plays. It started quite randomly last week. It happens in incognito mode too, I did a hardware ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device HP Chromebook x360 14c Operating System ChromeOS v105   My Question or Issue Hi, there's a strange glitch on the Web Player where music plays. It started q...
  • tiasoiam
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [spotify connect] between phone, laptop and desktop

PlanPremiumCountryKoreaDevicePhone : Samsung galuxy s22Operating SystemPhone : Android 12Desktop, Laptop : Windows 11My Question or Issue Hello. My English is a bit poor. I'll try my best to make you understand. Please help me. Group mode is the only...

• Plan Premium Country Korea Device Phone : Samsung galuxy s22 Operating System Phone : Android 12 Desktop, Laptop : Windows 11 My Question or Issue   Hello. My English is a bit poor....
  • OscarDC
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Fire TV Stick 4K / Android] Daily Spotify notifications shown under Settings/Notifications

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceFire TV Stick 4KOperating SystemFire OS 6.2.7.7 (Android) My Question or IssueMy Fire TV stick shows notifications everyday from Spotify app, and I have no way of stopping this from happening. When clicking the notification ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Fire TV Stick 4K Operating System Fire OS 6.2.7.7 (Android)   My Question or Issue My Fire TV stick shows notifications everyday from Spotify app, and I ...
  • OscarDC
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
    Fire OS
    fire TV
    Fire TV 4K Stick
    Notifications
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Recent Searches inexplicably disappear every couple of days

PlanPremium DuoDeviceSamsung Galaxy A52Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI have an issue that has been going on for a couple of weeks. What happens is that every couple of days the recent searches in the search tab of the Spotify app just d...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Duo Device Samsung Galaxy A52 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I have an issue that has been going on for a couple of weeks. What happens is that every couple...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes