Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I am unable to play any songs or access any playlists and all of my playlists are empty.

Ever since updating my phone(not sure if this was a coincidence or not), I have been unable to play any songs through the search bar. Rather, I haven't even been able to get to a song since no playlist loads. All of my previously made playlists are e...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since updating my phone(not sure if this was a coincidence or not), I have been unable to play any songs through the search bar. Rather, I haven't even been able to get to a song since no playli...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I have found a glich on the Spotify app what i think you want to know

If you make the choice tell me you would like too know it will save you a lot of money it will take me matter of minutes too explain and show you. but I only want too speak too the people at Spotify directly or for a great price someone else could ge...

• Casual Listener
  • If you make the choice tell me you would like too know it will save you a lot of money it will take me matter of minutes too explain and show you.  but I only want too speak too the people at S...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Glitches
    Tech
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify remains without connection

PlanPremiumCountryColombiaDeviceGalaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueI've cleaned the cache and temporary files.I've reinstalled the application over and again but the error remains."No internet connection... Go online and try ag...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Colombia Device Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue I've cleaned the cache and temporary files. I've reinstalled the application over...
  • danidazb
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Add support of screen recording with sound

On Android 10 Google updated Audio API so some screen recorders now can record videos with internal sound if such option allowed by application from which you want to record sound. If this feature is possible to add in some nearest releases - it woul...

• Visitor
  • On Android 10 Google updated Audio API so some screen recorders now can record videos with internal sound if such option allowed by application from which you want to record sound. If this feature is...
  • chaymartis
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Listen To Local Files

PlanPremium CountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+My Question or Issue So on my Spotify Playlist I have about 20-30 local file songs. I can listen to them with no problem on my Windows 10 PC, but they are not playable through my phone. I've copied the lo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium  Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ My Question or Issue   So on my Spotify Playlist I have about 20-30 local file songs. I can listen to them with no problem on my ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Something Went Wrong

PlanPremiumCountryUS Device(Samsung Galaxy s10) My Question or IssueWhen I try to search for songs I get a message that says something went wrong. Have another go? With a Try Again button. I have tried restarting, uninstalling, logging out, etc. Noth...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device (Samsung Galaxy s10)   My Question or Issue When I try to search for songs I get a message that says something went wrong.  Have another go?&n...
  • OscarDC
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Button "other" not working in sittings

Hi, i need to change the storage of the music to an SD card. I am aware that you need to go to settings, then other and then storage, however when I go to "other" the button does not do anything, i have tried with two Android cells and it's the same ...

• Hi, i need to change the storage of the music to an SD card. I am aware that you need to go to settings, then other and then storage, however when I go to "other" the button does not do anything, i h...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cihaz listesi dolu hatası alıyorum

Yazılım işiyle uğrastigim için sıkça telefon sıfırlıyorum ve Spotify bunu yeni cihaz olarak algılıyor cihaz listesini de benim temizlemem mümkün değil daha önce destek hattından birisi bana yardımcı olmuştu

• Visitor
  • Yazılım işiyle uğrastigim için sıkça telefon sıfırlıyorum ve Spotify bunu yeni cihaz olarak algılıyor cihaz listesini de benim temizlemem mümkün değil daha önce destek hattından birisi bana yardımcı ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Almost everything gone from account including Premium.

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung A10sOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI recently logged out of my account on Android, and when I logged back in almost everything was gone - the Home and Search tabs are as if my account was newly create...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung A10s Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I recently logged out of my account on Android, and when I logged back in almost everythi...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Discover Weekly - I don't like "Artist" gone?

THIS IS ABOUT ANDROID DON'T MOVE IT TO THE iOS FORUM AND A THREAD ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!!!! PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung A3Operating SystemAndroid 8 My Question or IssueJust updated the app to discover that the option do dislike an artist in ...

• Roadie
  • THIS IS ABOUT ANDROID DON'T MOVE IT TO THE iOS FORUM AND A THREAD ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE!!!!   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung A3 Operating System Android 8   My Questio...
  • couchcorpse
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Settings Unavailable

2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue I just got a Note 9 and when I go to the app settings to adjust the quality of downloads and similar settings show they are unavailable. I have uninstalled and reinstal...

• Casual Listener
  • 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  I just got a Note 9 and when I go to the app settings to adjust the quality of downloads and...
  • CK0y0TE
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Note 9
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution volume keeps automatically turning up to maximum

My android app keeps turning up to full volume by itself every few minutes. Tried reinstalling, have disabled equaliser and tried different headphones but still happening. Also tried the music player on my phone and it doesn't happen on that.It stopp...

• Casual Listener
  • My android app keeps turning up to full volume by itself every few minutes. Tried reinstalling, have disabled equaliser and tried different headphones but still happening. Also tried the music player...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • volume issues
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem With Mobile Queue When Playing A Playlist Folder

Although below are my current specs, this issue with the mobile queue has been persistent on my other android phones, such as my Pixel 4 with the latest update of Android 12. Plan: PremiumSpotify Version: 8.7.38.667Phone: Pixel 2 XLOS: Android 11 I’d...

• Regular
  • Although below are my current specs, this issue with the mobile queue has been persistent on my other android phones, such as my Pixel 4 with the latest update of Android 12.   Plan: Premium ...
  • OscarDC
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Notification doesn't dissappear

After closing the app, the floating notification doesn't dissappear from lock screen

• Regular
  • After closing the app, the floating notification doesn't dissappear from lock screen
  • Kiril
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Text is not properly displayed under PLAYING FROM SEARCH section

PlanPremiumCountryRomaniaDeviceSamsung Galaxy A52s 5GOperating SystemAndroid 12 with One UI 4.1 and Spotify Version is 8.7.36.923 My Question or IssueThere is a bug in the Android App. The text that was used to search for a specific song is not prope...

InkedScreenshot_20220611-201541_Spotify_LI.jpg Screenshot_20220611-201608_Spotify.jpg InkedScreenshot_20220611-201608_Spotify_LI.jpg InkedScreenshot_20220611-195014_Spotify_LI.jpg
  • Plan Premium Country Romania Device Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Operating System Android 12 with One UI 4.1 and Spotify Version is 8.7.36.923   My Question or Issue There is a bug in the An...
  • caxinte
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • bug android
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Plays automatically on opening but I can't turn off or pause,play sign stuc

I open the app and it goes to what I was playing previously, it starts automatically but it does not register in the play button. It still says play but it should be a Pause logo. I can hit it and the app just pauses for a moment. I can't turn off th...

• Visitor
  • I open the app and it goes to what I was playing previously, it starts automatically but it does not register in the play button. It still says play but it should be a Pause logo. I can hit it an...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Automix doesn't work on bluetooth

I use the automix feature. When I play the music through my phone's speaker or through a wired connection automix works great. However it does not do the automix on bluetooth, the songs just play with the normal gap. Is this a known bug?

• Visitor
  • I use the automix feature. When I play the music through my phone's speaker or through a wired connection automix works great. However it does not do the automix on bluetooth, the songs just play wit...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes