Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play song previews

For at least the last 3 updates, there is no longer the option to play song previews of the suggested songs when creating a new playlist or adding to an existing one.

• Visitor
  • For at least the last 3 updates, there is no longer the option to play song previews of the suggested songs when creating a new playlist or adding to an existing one.
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play an available song in my library

I have over 7000 songs on my liked playlist. Spotify simply would not load any song if I scroll past the first 100. However, the song will load if I put it into a new playlist and click it from thereThe song is available and not past its licensing pe...

• Visitor
  • I have over 7000 songs on my liked playlist. Spotify simply would not load any song if I scroll past the first 100. However, the song will load if I put it into a new playlist and click it from there...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Pas de connexion internet

Soptify fonctionne en wifi, mais dès que je passe en 4G il est écrit " pas de connexion internet". Pourtant l'option hors connexion est décoché et toute les autres applications et pages internet fonctionnent

• Visitor
  • Soptify fonctionne en wifi, mais dès que je passe en 4G il est écrit " pas de connexion internet". Pourtant l'option hors connexion est décoché et toute les autres applications et pages internet fonc...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Download issues

None of my albums will download. Is there a way to download individual songs?

• Visitor
  • None of my albums will download. Is there a way to download individual songs?
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Shuffle feature seems to not really shuffle?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have a Google Pixel 6 Pro with the Spotify app on it and a playlist I created with 1000+ so...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have ...
  • bdhouse61
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps saying offline

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceSamsung My Question or IssueHi! I've had this issue for a few days where all my playlists are completely blank, i cant access my library, and i cant play any songs. Spotify keeps telling me to "try again" or that I'm offli...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device Samsung     My Question or Issue Hi! I've had this issue for a few days where all my playlists are completely blank, i cant access m...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Podcasts] Sleep timer for podcasts

As of now on the Android app for Spotify, there are sleep timers for songs, but not for podcasts or an episode of a podcast. Any chance you could simply add the sleep timer as an option there too? I'm mainly asking because I like to have some sort of...

• Visitor
  • As of now on the Android app for Spotify, there are sleep timers for songs, but not for podcasts or an episode of a podcast. Any chance you could simply add the sleep timer as an option there too? I'...
  • fupro
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Podcasts
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is auto shuffling through alexa app

PlanPremium DeviceGalaxy s8 My Question or Issue I have an echo dot and very recently Spotify has started to turn on auto shuffle every time I ask to play an artist's music. I have tried turning it off through the app and via voice commands, but ever...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Device Galaxy s8   My Question or Issue  I have an echo dot and very recently Spotify has started to turn on auto shuffle every time I ask to play an arti...
  • Liam561
  • Visitor
  • 72 replies
  • 46 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 46 likes

Superuser Contribution New user with several issues

Hi, I'm a new—and frustrated—user to both Spotify and Android Auto. I'm not totally sure I'm in the right place to post this, so feel free to let me know, but this was the only place I seemed to be able to post a message. I'll keep it simple and down...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm a new—and frustrated—user to both Spotify and Android Auto. I'm not totally sure I'm in the right place to post this, so feel free to let me know, but this was the only place I seemed to be a...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify auto starts when phone is "un-muted"

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceTCL 20 Pro 5G (yes I regret it)Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI always keep the Media volume muted on my phone. 90% of the time, if I un-mute the phone, Spotify will automatically starup. How do I prevent...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device TCL 20 Pro 5G (yes I regret it) Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I always keep the Media volume muted on my phone.  90% of the...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Play button on the left? Previous/Next button in the middle? please help!

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSA DeviceGalaxy S20 FEOperating SystemAndroid ver. 12 My Question or Issue I'm not sure why/when it happened, but today I noticed that the control buttons are rearranged! I've already tried reinstalling spotify, disable the ca...

• Plan Free/Premium Country USA   Device Galaxy S20 FE Operating System Android ver. 12   My Question or Issue   I'm not sure why/when it happened, but today I noticed that t...
  • Imtisangla
  • Visitor
  • 86 replies
  • 39 likes
  • button
    control
    Play Button
    rearranged
  • 86 replies
  • 39 likes

Sharing Spotify Lyrics to Facebook Stories

Recently, when I try to share lyrics, I select the lyrics to share and then choose facebook stories, but it doesn't play the correct part of the song with those lyrics. It used to always play the part with the lyrics when I shared this way. But now i...

• Visitor
  • Recently, when I try to share lyrics, I select the lyrics to share and then choose facebook stories, but it doesn't play the correct part of the song with those lyrics.   It used to always pla...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't swipe to que on liked artist songs

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy A50Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueWhen going into an artist profile and then tapping the "Liked songs" button it shows me all the songs I liked of that artist. However in that menu the feat...

• Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy A50 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue When going into an artist profile and then tapping the "Liked songs" button it ...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Swipe
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution can't play spotify

am using latest version of spotify app i also login log out app am reinstalling app also but the spotify does not play

• Visitor
  • am using latest version of spotify app i also login log out app am reinstalling app also but the spotify does not play
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify starts playing automatically when taking out one ear bud

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy S21Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueI have Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones and when I am looking at a streming service (app); eg. Cmore, and am removing one ear bud Spotify starts playing, over th...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy S21 Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue I have Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones and when I am looking at a streming s...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sorting order Galaxy watch 4

Hi there,I am using Spotify on the Galaxy Watch 4 but cannot change the sorting order of the songs. Currently it's showing the latest added songs at the bottom, which I want to have on the top.Did I miss something? How can I change that? Thanks for y...

• Hi there, I am using Spotify on the Galaxy Watch 4 but cannot change the sorting order of the songs. Currently it's showing the latest added songs at the bottom, which I want to have on the top. Di...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

UI issue, search bar on mobile app, Android 12

Plan: PremiumCountry: Argentina Device: Google Pixel 4aOperating System: Android 12 The search bar overlaps with the android status bar on top, I'm attaching screenshot so you can see.

•   Plan: Premium Country: Argentina   Device: Google Pixel 4a Operating System: Android 12   The search bar overlaps with the android status bar on top, I'm attach...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • UI Issue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No Internet connection when connected to WiFi

Since I own a OnePlus 6 I always have the problem that Spotify is offline when I connect to a WiFi. When I disconnect from WiFi and use mobile internet Spotify works fine. When I reinstall the app spotify works via WiFi until I leave the WiFi. after ...

• Casual Listener
  • Since I own a OnePlus 6 I always have the problem that Spotify is offline when I connect to a WiFi. When I disconnect from WiFi and use mobile internet Spotify works fine.  When I reinstall the...
  • tan3lt
  • Regular
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes
  • internet connection
    wifi connection
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Like Songs

Plan: DuoFree/Premium: PremiumCountry: USA Device: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra: Samsung Galaxy Tab AOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Can't Like Songs on either device, even after clean reinstall, clearing cache in the app, clearing cache at ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Duo Free/Premium: Premium Country: USA   Device: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra: Samsung Galaxy Tab A Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   Can't Like Songs...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • heart
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Lyrics aren't showing when a song is playing

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippinesDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 8 ProOperating SystemAndroid 10/ Xiaomi MIUI 11 My Question or IssueI already reinstalled the app but lyrics aren't showing up. Before you tell me that the feature might not be available on my devi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Philippines Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Operating System Android 10/ Xiaomi MIUI 11   My Question or Issue I already reinstalled the app but lyrics aren't showi...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes