Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

freezrs on android

freezrs on android

I have premium and over the last month nearly every song either lags, skips or freezes....my subscription idiot I'm 3 weeks....fix the problem or I will go back to Pandora.....and NO , the problem is NOT with my device or my WiFi or with anything else..I am am I.T. pro and I have already tried all the (so called) "fixes"...itf i had to guess what the problem is I would be almost certain that it is improper buffering....
5 Replies

*freezes

Sorry I misspelled freezes....you can correct it for me.....I was so angry about the constant problems that I am having with Spotify that it"s just lucky I was able to spell anything

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Do you use any proxy with Spotify? It might be your proxy provider which doesn't "like" Spotify, the same for VPN connections.

Have you already to tried to logout and login afterwards? Sometimes something simple as this already fixes the problem.

You may also try to fix it by reinstalling Spotify. To do that, please follow the steps in the link below:
https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Hi

First:

Allow me to apologize for the spelling and odd grammer of my comment.

I was trying to type on an older android device with a tiny keyboard, I failed miserably to get the correct message sent, my bad, sorry.

Now.

Second:

Yes, I have tried every combination of Install / Uninstall / Reinstall...every combination of Login...every configuration of Proxy Settings...every combination of Download and Stream Quality.

In doing that I made several discoveries.

1) None of those things worked (although every reinstall caused a temporary improvement).

2) The problem is NOT, repeat, NOT, Local (a full and complete WiFi test of every corner of my home established that my WIFI signal is probably being recieved by people on the ISS ~ 205 miles in space).

3) None of the things that were suggested as a "Fix" were within the normal parameters of what should be expected from an End User (read as: Why should I reconfigure virtually the entire Internet just to get an oddball Streaming Music site to work correctly?).

4) This problem started within the last couple of weeks

5) I would be willing to bet that the problem is related to Buffering.

OK...the ball is in your court.

Hit away.

Sincerely:

hammerogod@yahoo.com

aka: B.D. Spencer AS. I.T., BS. I.T., MS. I.T., Comptia A++, Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP.

A Premium Customer.

berg.jpg

Could you provide a little more detail about the device you are using? Android version etc?

I'm also going to pop this over into the Android section since it isn't a desktop issue.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Also pleasre try a clean install, but follow the guide below which contains some additional troubleshooting steps.

[GUIDE] First step of troubleshooting - Clean Install

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts