Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
Jeeplar

10,000 song sync limit is rubbish.

I wasn't made aware of this limit until coming to the support community. This tells me that it must be buried in the user agreement as I am pretty good about reading them, in any case.
This takes the "good deal" I thought I was getting for ten a month and flushes it down the toilet as I now have the near impossible task of choosing which songs on which devices to chick.
Ridiculous.
Band Member
Rollo_

Re: 10,000 song sync limit is rubbish.

[ Edited ]

Just curious, how LONG is that 10,000 song playlist.  Even at just 3 minutes per song, thats, lets see 30,000 minutes divided be 60 minutes in an hour....  500 hours.  Divided by 24 hours in a day, thats more than 20 days of music without ever turning it off,  If you listened for 8 hours a day that would be over 2 months of music without ever repeating anything.

Sound like plenty to me.  Maybe you could just sync your Starred playlist?

If this post was helpful, please click the green "+" button below

Read my take on YourMusic HERE.

If you like the Starred list and its ease of use, and would like to see its return, please support by adding Kudos and comments HERE

If you'd like a lean and fast Spotify desktop, without all the default apps slowing things down, please support my idea thread to opt out of them by adding an option to turn them off and on in Preferences. Staff has shown interest in this idea. Click the "Kudos" button and add your comments   HERE

Adam

Re: 10,000 song sync limit is rubbish.

Hey there, welcome to the Community.

The 3,333 track limits across 3 devices is down to licensing restrictions. We think that's more than enough for most users for standard listening. It's not likely to be enough to cover your entire library but you can clear cache (Android) or reinstall (iOS) to sync different playlists. With a bit of careful planning, you'll always have plenty of stuff to listen to wherever you are.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
Announcements
Happy Halloween

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.