Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
rjfidder
Accepted Solution

10 hours limit?

Hello,

I enjoy listening to my spotify playlists but I got a problem...

Since a month ago I'm unable to use spotify because it says i've listened to 10 hours of music in a month.

On the internet i read that this is a restriction for members using spotify longer than 6 months...

I've listened to spotify only for 4 months now.. ;o

How can I solve this?

Spotify
David

Re: 10 hours limit?

[ Edited ]

Hey there!

I've just taken a look at your account - It was created on 2011-10-27, so you've had it a little longer than 6 months now. So this 10 hour playback would have started to appear for you now. You can find out more about this right here.

-----
Spotify
Music Fan
krodriguezruiz

my 10 hours are over. so do i have to wait a month now? and can i listen to music for a month than?

Spotify
David

Hey!

The 10 hours are allocated as 2.5 hour chunks per week. So, next week you should have a little more music time.
-----
Spotify
Music Lover
muscut

[ Edited ]

I used to have an invite which should give me unlimited access to spotify (with ads though). But I discovered my invite key has been removed or something because now I got only 10 hours a month as everyone else I guess :). What should I do?

Community Manager
Meredith

[ Edited ]

Hi muscut - While we used to be an invite-only service, invitations are no longer required to create an account. 

Please note that users that joined Spotify via one of these invites are not now exempt from the time limits on free accounts.

Since you've had your account for more than 6 months these limits will apply unless you upgrade to Unlimited/ Premium. You can find more info on this right here.

--------
Looking for tunes?

What I've been listening to

Music Fan
TuneChris

Hey, I really love spotify and used it for over an year ;-) but i really want to know why it is a 10 hour limit? 

Music Fan
Woudled

So they make people buy Spotify unlimited or Spotify premium. :smileytongue:

Music Lover
muscut

[ Edited ]

Uninstall worked out great for me.

Gig Goer
clazz

I havent had my account 6 months I dont think and I am getting the 10 hour music list coming up.

Loved my spotify as I use it at work but I wont be paying for it so back to 6 music in an afternoon :( 

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.