Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
Naril
Accepted Solution

Accidental sharing of a track

I was going to send a track to a Spotify friend, instead it got shared on my Spotify feed and Facebook. The Facebook part I could remove from the website, but the track along with my message is for everyone who follows me to see now! And it can't be removed from my Spotify profile or feed! That's incredibly stupid. If something gets shared by mistake, there should be a way to remove it. So annoyed right now. Is there any way of fixing this?

Peter
Kudos: 11,992
Solutions: 3,286
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Accidental sharing of a track

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

You could try asking the Spotify team directly using the online contact form and see if they can remove it for you, althought I am not sure it is possible! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
penguineggs

The same thing just happened to me.

Why can't it be removed?

It seems that there's no way to edit a profile any more (other than just age, name, etc). There used to be a button on the profile page that let the user add or remove playlists and things like that. Where has it gone?!

This is not a good thing.

Peter

penguineggs wrote:

The same thing just happened to me.

Why can't it be removed?

It seems that there's no way to edit a profile any more (other than just age, name, etc). There used to be a button on the profile page that let the user add or remove playlists and things like that. Where has it gone?!

This is not a good thing.

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

You can change the privacy of all of your playlists from your profile. The privacy setting is below each cover image ;) 

Peter

Peter

Music Lover
penguineggs

...but how can I unshare a track I accidentally shared? Why is there no option to remove the post please?

Peter

penguineggs wrote:

...but how can I unshare a track I accidentally shared? Why is there no option to remove the post please?

I don't know, that is something you would need to ask Spotify since there is no way to do it in the current client. If you would like to suggest it as a future feature, I would suggest you head over to the Ideas Exchange and suggest it! 

Some people have reported that if you untick the "SHare my activity.... with my followers on Spotify" option in the Edit > Preferences menu and then restart your client and then re-enable it again that data will dissappear from your friends feed, but I have never tested it myself. 

Peter

Peter

Music Fan
superchristine

That actually worked, but I haven't tried to reactivate sharing and then seeing if it comes back up.

Music Fan
uchris

YES! This worked for me, thank you.

Music Fan
martlst

[ Edited ]

Does anybody know how to delete a post you accidentaly shared?

Music Fan
erinfizzy0220

How do I get to my edit menu and preferences?? Can you go step by step for me, please!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.