We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.Learn more here

Close
Music Lover
miabella
Accepted Solution

Burning to a cd

How can I burn my music to a cd? I know I can't do it in Spotify itself, so how else can I do it? I searched for the music where the program has it saved now, and I can't find it. Help!

Music Lover
paulkerton

Re: Burning to a cd

With music from Spotify? You can't.

Otherwise, there are lots of CD burning software out there. It is built into iTunes and Windows Media Player but you have to own the songs, not use Spotify's catalogue.

Music Lover
GRichey

Has Spotify considered of adding a purchase option for CD burning capability?

Community Legend
licenced

The music that Spotify downloads to play through the application is DRM'd ogg format I believe and so cannot be played in any other player or burned to a disc.

There are options to purchase music in some countries (like through 7digital in the UK), which would give you MP3s to do what you wanted with, but not in the US at the moment - Spotify needs to obtain the rights or link up with a store that offers this so might be added for other countries at a later date.

Dave

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Music Lover
dawn0810

I had a look at the FAQ's and it says that you can burn onto a CD. Please help as I need to get the songs I have chosen for a 60th Birthday present that I downloaded and was charged for....

Community Legend
licenced

Are you saying you bought download credits and used them to buy individual tracks? If so then you can find them in the download location. Find out where this is by selecting Edit->Preferences from the menu and find the section labelled Puchases

If however you are just paying for Spotify Unlimited or Premium then you can sync tracks to your PC for offline listening through Spotify - this does not allow you to burn the tracks to a CD as you still don't own them

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Music Fan
carlpc

If you have purchased tracks through Spotify, they are saved as an mp3, and are yours to burn to a CD if you want. Thats what it says in the help section anyway

Music Fan
reginag

Man I just read one of the post, that you can't burn cd so I wasted 20 dollars that stinks/

Peter
Kudos: 9,480
Solutions: 2,632

reginag wrote:

Man I just read one of the post, that you can't burn cd so I wasted 20 dollars that stinks/

Do people still use CDs :P ?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements
Win free Premium
This contest is now closed. The winners will be posted here very soon.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.