Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
avenh

CEF Initializion Error

Everytime I upgrade, or my computer does this automatically, a pop-up message comes up:

CEF INITIALIZATION ERROR- FAILED TO LOAD THE REQUIRED ICULDT LIBRARY.

I'm tired of this now, I pay you guys at Spotify 99 kronor per month, and my Premium account doesn't work flawless!

Can't see What's new, can't load my Facebook contact.

Anyone else with the same problem? Can't be the only one in the whole fu**ing world..

I think this is the version of Spotify I run: 0.8.2.572.geb65f9ac

Yours sincerely,

Mathias

Concert Regular
rappet

Re: CEF Initializion Error

Hi ,

I got the same problem and the respond from Spotify is :

"this is just due to a missing .dll file on your computer, the fastest way to put it back it to just quickly install Dragon's free web browser ( you never have to actually use it)
you can get it from here http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php"

unfortunately it didn't  solve my problem. Maybe this works for you?

greetings, rappet

Richard

Hey guys, this is something we ran across a while back in our old community (now depreciated).

You can still find the thread here if you're interested. There's a few things to try - but I'm not sure if we ever nailed down a permanent fix.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Concert Regular
rappet

Hi Richard,
thnx!.. i found a remark about using anitvirus and the error occuring.
I have Panda Antivirus and when I turn it off, the error doesn't occur and it works fine!
But ofcourse I need the antivirus to be safe. But now I am one step closer in solving it.
When I turn off Panda, restart Spotify.. it is ok even when I turn on Panda again.
I haven't tried restarting the computer yet to see if I have to repaet these steps everyday :-(
greetings, Jeroen
Richard

Could you maybe make an exception for Spotify in your antivirus? I'm not entirely sure how to do this in Panda, but I can help you look it up if you'd like.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Concert Regular
rappet

Hi Richard,

Exception in Panda is already made in the firewall settings for Spotify for incoming aswell outgoing.

And I can't find more items to allow Spotify that might be solving the problem.

It looks like that if Panda has started up ealier then Spotify Panda doesn't allow to load the needed .dll .

But the strange thing is that it worked previously (weeks ago) and now there is a problem.

It might be an update of one of the software that makes it  not work properly between Panda and Spotify.

till there is a solution I just have to close Panda, start Spotify and the restart Pandan :-(

With kind regards, Jeroen Tapper

Music Fan
lord_whitedrago

Hi all! i have searched the web on this topic fore a while, yes it is panda causing the trouble. To stop panda from do this the only way i have found is turn off "unknown threat" no exception or other wise permission is enough.

Concert Regular
rappet

good news, the problem is solved...
maybe restarting and updating the panda software.. did it.
Any2way... yoowooh!
Announcements

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.