We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.Learn more here

Close
Concert Regular
crimewave

Can't edit local files

Hi,

I don't know if it's a known bug, or is particular to the linux client, but i'm unable to edit the metadata of my local files. When I right-click on a song, there is the option "edit info", but nothing happens when I click on it.

Festival VIP
redman5087

confirmed with spotify 0.8.8

confirmed with spotify 0.8.8

Concert Regular
crimewave

Re: Can't edit local files

Really no response ?

I don't think we are only two who have experienced this problem.

Oh and also, the option "undo gracenote changes" doesn't work either.

Music Fan
swissvimbai

No you are NOT the only two who experience this problem I can't either edit Info of my music which sucks since the "dong title" no holds all informations together.

anyone know a solution?

Concert Regular
crimewave

Well nobody seems to care...

Peter
Kudos: 9,491
Solutions: 2,638

I know I am probably lining up to take some hate for posting this, however, it is worth noting that the Linux client is a preview and not officially supported by Spotify. The linux team (from what I gather) are actually other developers inside Spotify, with a passion for linux. They make the linux client in their spare time, so its a miracle that we have a linux client at all.

From the main website:

"Spotify Previews is a new section that showcases a few of the fun ideas and projects that our developers have been working on - mostly in their spare time, during hack days or in the middle of the night when they can't sleep. Some of these are pet projects, some are prototypes but they're all designed to make Spotify even more enjoyable.

The projects here are unsupported by Spotify so they may not work as planned or be removed at any time, but if you like what we're doing let us know and if they prove popular enough they may well become regular Spotify features.

Your feedback as ever is really important to us. Please let us know what you think by visiting The Spotify Community. We really hope you like what we’ve done with the place."

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Viral Sensation
grahammm

Or maybe other people do not want to edit local files with spotify. Maybe they use a tag editor or a mucic editing program to do this. Personally, I think that all spotify should do with local files is list them and play them.

Concert Regular
crimewave

I know it's just a preview, i wasn't hoping a solution, just a small answer like "it's a known bug, we are working on it", or "We weren't aware of that, thanks for the report"

Music Fan
kingfishersfire

I have the same problem with the "edit info" option. This wouldn't matter that much if--and this may be a separate issure--but spotify preview (I'm on linux) didn't import the metadata from the file. It just listed the file name under the title and the rest was blank. I understand that this feature is a bit of a pet-project of the wonderful spotify developers (thank you 1000 times for all the work you do, I'm a premium user and Spotify is an integral part of my music life) but it would be fantastic to be able to edit the metadata on local files for situations like this.

Announcements
Win free Premium
This contest is now closed. The winners will be posted here very soon.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.