Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play current track?

Solved!

Can't play current track?

Keep getting 'Can't play current track' message randomly when I am listening to music. Stops my playlists dead (as in does not skip to the next tune) and also someitmes tunes that dont work one minute work the next. Becoming very frustrating, don't understand why this is happening. 

I am premium member.

221 Replies

I am getting the same error as of today for the track Mobb Deep - Nobody Likes Me.  It was working fine on my laptop and mobile phone earlier today.  Now about 15s into the song it stops and gives me the Can't Play Current Track error. I am a premium user and the track is streaming, non-local.  

I also tried the suggestions in the forum regarding checking/unchecking Enable Hardware Acceleration, neither made a difference. 

Has anybody made any progress with this issue?

No progress. They seem to deny there is a error.

That's already turned off. And before anyone starts.I have tried to reinstal spotify, unticking gapless playback. What I find strange that the new version on Android, it works. So why does it work on that but not on PC?

Same issue here, usually happening at the first few seconds of a track.

Got this often on playing "Lana Del Rey - Ride". Maybe there's a server overload, since the track is new and probably being listened to a lot, but I was getting this on other, older tracks, too.

Will try disabling hardware acceleration.

I am having this issue now...

I was planning on getting premium after my trial was over, but i keep having this same problem so they will not be getting my business if its not fixed.

I'm having this problem as well. It seems to be completely random which makes it all the more frustrating. I've tried restarting my computer, restarting spotify, deselecting hardware acceleration, etc.. @spotify what is up with this??

This is actually happening EVERYTIME I go to play as song. It's extremely annoying.

Me too 😞

Just wanted to chime in and say that I also have the same problem.  Glad I'm on trial right now because that's unacceptable and very annoying.

Happening to me, too.  Point for Pandora.

I'm having this problem as well. I'm on Spotify Premium 0.8.5.1356 on Mac OS X 10.6.8. I'm playing tracks out of my own playlists. My playlists are often copies of an album with one or two tracks removed.

At the very least it would be nice if there was additional error information we could send in. The Spotify app could even prompt if I wanted to send it in and then you could get info like machine config, preferences, current track, technical info, etc. to help you troubleshoot the problem. Please consider such an enhancement so we can accelerate troubleshooting.

As other customers have stated in this thread, this problem also kills the playlist playback and I have to restart it.

Per previous recommendations in this thread, I checked Preferences to turn off "Harware acceleration", but I don't see that option. Maybe it was removed. If so, that can't be the problem.  🙂

I hope Spotify will look into this soon. Thanks.

Same problem here as well, I'm getting the message on annoyingly many tracks.

I found a work around that isn't very useful, but will allow you to play the track at least. If you tell spotify to download the playlist onto your computer, it works just fine. Only problem is, this may mean you have to download a lot of playlists which you don't have space for. I think I'll be looking forward to Google's alternative whenver they decide to release it. I've had nothing but problems with Spotify. Bugs are expected, but they tend to ignore the problems, and just realease new features instead, no matter how much it breaks their application.

I am having the same issue. I keep getting this error when trying to listen to more popular tracks, especially in the evening when the servers are busier. In the evening, the app frequently starts/stops in the middle of songs or won't play certain songs at all. As a premium user since Spotify launched in the US, I find this very frustrating. Please fix these issues, Spotify.

I have this problem too (sing sing sing by chris tomlin and a few others randomly)

always stops at 3 seconds

A workaround is to just click 5 seconds into the song on the bottom scroll bar and then hit play

but that is very inconvienient

@TTJJ wrote:

I have this problem too (sing sing sing by chris tomlin and a few others randomly)

always stops at 3 seconds

A workaround is to just click 5 seconds into the song on the bottom scroll bar and then hit play

but that is very inconvienient

Hey @TTJJ 🙂 

Would you be able to post a link to the track you are having issues with (right click > copy Spotify URI)?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@TTJJ wrote:

Chris Tomlin – Sing, Sing, Sing

@TTJJ that song seems to play okay for me, wondering is the local version of the file you will have cached corrupted somehow. 

Can you try a quick clean reinstallation of the client and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

nope that didn't work

Suggested posts