Music Lover
teknotel

Can't play current track?

Keep getting 'Can't play current track' message randomly when I am listening to music. Stops my playlists dead (as in does not skip to the next tune) and also someitmes tunes that dont work one minute work the next. Becoming very frustrating, don't understand why this is happening. 

I am premium member.

LAU
Music Fan
LAU

Re: Can't play current track?

I'm having the same issue, on PC and Mac

Music Fan
ankles

I'm also getting this issue 'Can't play current track' - I'm an Unlimited member. Is anyone able to help?

Music Fan
aegisuk

I'm having the same problem. It's really starting to annoy me.

Quite often it'll say can't play the current track, then suddenly work after a few tries.

Music Fan
deusdiva

Yep, me too, on 2 different laptops - keeps happening - any suggestions?

Music Lover
teknotel

I think this a problem a lot of ppeople are having.....

https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/spotify_cant_play_the_current_track_why

Do not understand why they do not answer the forum posts? People seem to be very unhappy and rightly oon, is very annoying when a tune you have listened to a hundred times just won't play randomly and then works the next minute.

Please answer the question Spotify, I am paying £9.99 a month so only fair the service works as advertised.

Concert VIP
tomllm

I'm having this problem too, amongst others.  I don't know what the devs have done to the programming, but suddenly Spotify is hugely unreliable, and the customer service is abysmal.  

If these issues aren't sorted this month I'm switching to Deezer.

Spotify
David

This may be related somewhat some some connection issues we had recently. Should be fine now, however. Are you still encountering this message at all?
-----
Spotify
Music Fan
andrewyork

I'm no longer getting the 'Can't play current track' message but its still not playing tracks, then suddenly it is again.  I've noticed that if I select a track it won't play then any other track it will also not work.  Then if I play a song from my local computer in the 'Local files' collcetion (which works) then go back to the song that wouldn't play it works fine.  I am having to do this at least every 30mins :(  I'm a premium member. 

Music Fan
dblue

I'm also been having this problem and I'm still encountering this every day.

Anyone else still seeing this?

I'm currently using the mac client.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.