Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see people who follow my playlist

Can't see people who follow my playlist

HI!

From new versions of Spotify where people follow other people/playlists etc and not subscribe to it, I can't see the people who is following my playlists. For example, in this playlist has 13 followers (formerly subscribers) but  I can only see 3 people and no more:

Sin título.png

Old versions allowed to visualize all the followers.

74 Replies

This is very true, that feature was removed in v0.8.8. There is an ideas topic requesting its return here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/0-8-8-Ability-to-View-All-Playlist-Followers/idi-p/291...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

How is this not a feature still? This is so basic...

Why would you want to only know the quantity of followers to your playlist. As a social tool, doesn't seem very "un-social" to not be able to interact with those following your playlist?

Please let me know why this is not update yet?

What would happen if uninstall this latest version that won't show your followers, and reinstall and older version???

Why would we want to go to an old version of Spotify? That's not a solution in my eyes. That's still a problem that the only way to do this is by downgrading.

i agree. this 'upgrade' blows. maybe they'll start charging like dating sites to see who follows a playlist.

also...i can't star any tracks anymore. what is up with that? some f***king upgrade. 

The star functionality is still there, although it works as an ordinary playlist now which pretty much renders it useless.

How is this solved??? Not by the link attached to this tag!!

Nope, it still isn't fixed I'm afraid.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I doubt it will ever be fixed. Just like other things that they've removed. Like the ability to search through an artists page to find the song your looking for.

It is far easier to use spotify:search:artist name and hit enter in the large search window, and then use either Edit and Filter option upper left corner from the context menu or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+f. A search box opens in the upper right hand corner to use for search words. I know it is kind of a hassle but it works and has not failed me yet, and you get sorting options back as well. So that is the best way to search for things right now.

Going to an artists catalogue and searching using the filter ctrl+f is significantly more intuitive and easier to get exactly what you're looking for than using the search field for everything. Especially if you don't know the full title of the song or you don't know how to spell a word in the title that will single out the song, as it will filter out titles with the same combination of letters.
What you posted, is that a search term or just you describing how you do a general search in the search field in the upper left corner?

Easy, say your looking for a song by just an example the artist Aerosmith. Just use spotify:search:aerosmith put that into the search box into the upper left hand corner and hit enter and it will pull up tracks associated with the artist listed below in the track listing option below everything, do not click on the artist name and go to the artist page but use the track listing option below everything else, this is much easier to find things. Then to use the Filter option go to Edit upper left hand corner and select Filter from the context menu and lets just say you can not remember the title of that certain song, but you do remember the first letter of that song title, just type it into the Filter box that showed up in the upper right hand corner and everything under that letter will filter, you will have two search boxes using the filter option now, one on the upper left hand corner and one on the upper right hand corner. Also column sorting is now usable.

So... What's going on? Why isn't this solved? I still can't see who follows my playlist.

As it is now they can just remove the number of followers. It's just a number. I'd like to give and get feedback from more people in the spotify community! I don't need/want statistics!

Me too! I have over 4000 followers on my playlist and I just want to check them out. PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!

this is such a silly thing to not have as a feature. spotify, please bring this back!

I agree. Need to know plsylist followers

Bump!

Its been like 2 years but I still dont know why they removed this feature. Whats wrong with checking followers?

This is a big limitation in Spotify social features. I don't understnad why it's been removed in the first place and why it hasn't been fixed yet

Suggested posts