Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
Earthshaper

Can't see user profiles

I can no longer view my friends or my own profiles and playlists since the update. When I click on their names it just shows a up as a blank white page. I can't follow anyone new or see people I am already following. 

Festival VIP
Concentrik

Re: Can't see user profiles

just tried downlaoding spotify manually.  for now its back up.  

This update and new look and functionality is a disgrace.  We are here to listen to music and quietly go about sharing with others.  Thats it. 

No Follow. Just Listen.

I hope they listen to all the exasperated music lovers and follow with the right response to our anger and frustration and change back to what they are good at!!!!

Businesses die and live at the hands of their regular customers.  Customers who like and trust the product they get.  Customers who are loyal until the moment when the are let down by inconsiderate behaviour.  

Longterm commercial success and stability is grounded in building on a solid and loyal customer core.  And not on always forcibly seeking new connections.  

Dilution of product x less lyal customers = failure

Music Lover
JonErock

I just downloaded the new spotify on Windows. After finding my friend's user profile through the search bar, I click on their name, and I get the same thing. A blank page with the spinning sun.  It keeps thinking, but I get nothing. Please let me know how to  connect to the other user so I can see their playlist.  Thanks.

Peter
Kudos: 12,863
Solutions: 3,512

JonErock wrote:

I just downloaded the new spotify on Windows. After finding my friend's user profile through the search bar, I click on their name, and I get the same thing. A blank page with the spinning sun.  It keeps thinking, but I get nothing. Please let me know how to  connect to the other user so I can see their playlist.  Thanks.

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

Can you try a quick clean reinstallation of the client and see if that helps?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
Earthshaper

thanks. it seems to be working now.

Music Lover
JonErock

Thanks for the response. I tried the reinstall, but it still reacts the same. Another note to add: I can click on the Follow button for the user, and their name shows up in my Following list. But, after logging out of Spotify and then back in, the user is not listed.  Also, the user has the same problem as I am having.  

Announcements

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.