Music Fan
GLiTTERSWAG
Accepted Solution

Can you upload your own music?

Yeah, I've tried to figure it out but I can't seem to find how I have to do it anywhere..

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Re: Can you upload your own music?

Dropbbox is your best friend with this.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Talent Scout
George

Basically no. But you can import your local files and sync them through Spotify to mobile devices.

But if you use more than one computer then you'd need your local files on all of them, for that you need to manually copy them from one to the other, or use a service such as Dropbox as hpguru has suggested. Dropbox would automate the process of keeping all the computers having the same [local] files on them.

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Music Lover
JPtasnik

Yes!

As long your the music is in your I-Tunes, you may have to transfer it first to their, then Go to File --> Import Playlists --> I-Tunes - And choose what you want. Also, this can be all uploaded in the very beginning when setting up the Spotify app on your computer.

Cheers!

Justin

Music Lover
JPtasnik

Corrections, Under preferences, you can change the file source from I-Tunes to whereever your local files are stored on your disk.

Justin

Music Fan
RUSTYSCAGE

THIS SUCKS I HAVE MORE MUSIC THAN THEY WILL EVER BE ABLE TO OFFER & I CANT SYNC TO OTHER PUBLIC PLAYLISTS ON MY PHONE.  TIME TO UNINSTALL

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

RUSTYSCAGE wrote:

THIS SUCKS I HAVE MORE MUSIC THAN THEY WILL EVER BE ABLE TO OFFER & I CANT SYNC TO OTHER PUBLIC PLAYLISTS ON MY PHONE.  TIME TO UNINSTALL

You're founder of Piratebay?

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Fan
MEC83

This sucks that I can't upload my own music! Now I have toi go through and remake EVERY list that I have on here and hope that I can find music that was just as good as what I had!

Spotify Legend
Jude

You can sync your own music files to Spotify apps on all your devices. So you can combine your music any way that you like.

It isn't possible to upload your own music files to the Spotify servers for syncing back to your devices though. That would require extra music licensing, and so extra charges for customers.

Music Fan
DSmith260

I HAVE A **bleep**  LOAD OF MUSIC BY I CANT EVEN SHARE IT WITH THE PUBLIC? THIS **bleep**S!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.