Music Fan
_Casper_

Cannot import my itunes Playlists

Hey all,

it is unfortunatly not possible for me to import my itunes playlist into spotify.

I found an old entry here

The strange thing is, spotify imported all of my itunes music files but not my playlists. The menu entry "import playlist"->"itunes" is greyed out.

Is there meanwhile an easier solution of this problem available? Did this problem also occur to one of you or am i the only one? :-)

Thanks in advance for your help,

_Casper_

Music Lover
Ambajorat

Re: Cannot import my itunes Playlists

Same Problem - do you find a ay to solve The Problem?
Concert Regular
coreymcl

I have the same problem, I really don't want to have to recreate al my 50 palylists.

Gig Goer
courtaverett

[ Edited ]

Semi-Solution:

In Spotify create a new playlist. Name it the same title as a playlist from Itunes you want to transfer to Spotify.

With ITunes open, click and drag and drop the desired playlist into the new playlist you just created in Spotify.

Basically, just drag and drop the playlist ITunes into Spotify.

This is the only solutiion I've figured out so far. The only problem is if you update the playlist in ITunes I don't think it will automatically update in Spotify.

Also note, if Spotify already has those tracks in the database, you will end up with duplicate tracks.

So this isn't the best solution :/

Music Lover
dbible7

I have been having trouble with this for quite some time. None of my itunes songs show up under local files, and when I try to import playlists, they are just blank. I am using the latest version of Lion and Spotify.

Gig Goer
courtaverett

What on earth is taking them so long to fix this? I've seen several posts regarding this issue and Spotify hasn't said a word about this. It doesn't even sound like something that would take that long to resolve.

Music Fan
acyeager

same problem. endless searching, tried all suggested methods, no solution. just contacted spotify support, any chance they'll get back to me? As a premium subscriber I'm otherwise very happy, but there is literally no solution I've found yet and its driving me nuts

Festival VIP
Diffuse

Yep, it took me a great many hours to get this 'simple' task accomplished.  Your method worked.  Created new playlist in iTunes, gave it the same name as previous non-iTunes playlist, then dragged the m3u file and dropped it in.  Seemed glitchy, tho, so I duplicated it and renamed it.  Then I was able to go into Spotify and import the list from iTunes.  What a freakin' hassle!!  -- it doesn't need to be this hard.  Hope someone fixes this soon!!   And while we're doing some coding, can we get it to import our ratings, etc., from non-iTunes files, such as MediaMonkey? 

Concert Regular
Memarkiam

Thanks for this suggestion, but I must be missing something, as I did (I think) exactly as you've suggested, but it doesn't work.

When I drag the iTunes Playlist to the new Spotify list (of the same name) I've just created), nothing happens in Spotify to 'receive' the list, and when I finally let go of the dragged iTunes list, it just floats back to where it came from in iTunes (I'm on a Mac).

Am I missing something. Do I have to export the iTunes list to a file, and import this file into Spotify? I have many, many lists in iTunes...what a bore that would be!

Thanks for any help!

Mark

Concert Regular
Memarkiam

BTW - jjst tried exporting M3U file of playlist from iTunes, and dragging this into Spotify. Spot was not more intereted in importing this that directly from iTues.

So I guess I'm missing something here! ;)

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.