Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
Thh25

Re: Continual 802 connection problem

Having the same problem for the past couple of days. Continuous 802 errors. Usually takes around 5-10min to go away. Tried on two different PCs with different ISPs so I don't think its on my side.

Any clue as to what is going on?

Gig Goer
VintageElise

Are you a free member? 

It seems to be happening to either Premium or Unlimited customers mostly. Maybe a bug where it doesn't realize there should be no ads and is trying to play them but when it fails, it just gives up?

Complete guess there. Haha. 

Gig Goer
E_DiLoreto

Same here, for the last two days, I am on mac osx 10.8.3, based in Italy.

It was working just fine before the latest update.

please fix this asap, thanks

Gig Goer
Rabbness

I'm a Premium member and i'm not even getting an error code. Within seconds of strating my Spotify on both my PC and my Tablet, it shuts itself down...... very annoying.

And i'm finding very little from Spotify itself to explain why this might be happening.

Concert Regular
Thh25

I am an Unlimited user. Its a very weird issue, its been happening for a couple of days now.

Interesting guess though :D Could be true.

Roadie
gunmanfreestyle

[ Edited ]

We need a permanent fix for this, I don't know why spotify staff are ignoring the problem. Logging in and out is no good for me because I'm using an older version of spotify and if I log out and in again it forces me to upgrade to the latest version which is slow, glitchy and not something I'm willing to pay for. I have to reinstall the old version every time and this is happening daily.

edit: actually, i just logged out and in and didn't have the new glitched up software forced upon me but still, it does happen a lot.

edit edit: but still getting 802 error, i think i need to close and reopen the program but that would definitely force me the new crap bright white version. so come on guys, we need a fix pretty much immediately as this problem was reported last year and you still havent gotten yourselves organised yet.

Festival VIP
chesterfield51

the same problem  here  

Adam

Hey guys, 802 errors are generally caused when something goes wrong at our end. There's no permanent "fix" for them as it's not a bug/known issue, but we try and stop them happening as much as we can. The error is fixed already on my account - anyone still having the problem after logging out/in?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
Roadie
gunmanfreestyle

Well read what I said two posts ago. Logging in and out doesn't fix it for me, only closing the program and reopening it does but that forces an upate to the new glitchy version of spotify and I have to reinstall the old one again, and this is happening most days. Is there no way to opt out of automatic updates? I don't need any of this facebook/twitter crap, I just wanna keep the old version that ran smoothly and just played music, this new social networking vibe causes the program to go way to slow. And having to reinstall the software everyday is a ballache.

Adam

gunmanfreestyle wrote:

Is there no way to opt out of automatic updates? 

If you're using Mac 10.5.8 the updating issues are known. Take a look at this post for details on avoiding it.

The 802 errors should be fixed for everyone soon, if they're not already.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.