Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
Craigiyama
Accepted Solution

Delete radio station

Hi

I accidentally added a radio station for someone I really didn't want to but can't find a way to delete them from my list

Can anyone please help and tell me how to?
Peter
Kudos: 12,498
Solutions: 3,433
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: Delete radio station

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

There is currently no way to delete Radio stations, bit of a pain I know! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Rising Star
FredJ
I'm a Community Rising Star

Hello,
as Peter said, there is no such possibillity at the moment. However, if this is something you would like to see in an update, please follow this link to the ideas-section an add your kudos. http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Ability-to-Delete-Radio-Stations/idi-p/10639
What's a Spotify Rock Star and how do I become one?

Concert Regular
Craigiyama

Thanks Peter for your help. That's seems a but stupid to me that you can't do it at all. Oh well really annoying but not a deal breaker
Music Lover
monkey123mind

Oh dear... Spotify has missed a trick here... come on dudes.. dont you read this Sh**t and know that users are Pi**ed with the very strange notion of adding stations only for them to be there FOREVER!!! 

Please..please..please.. sort this out.. this should be very simple. 

Richard

[ Edited ]

monkey123mind wrote:

Oh dear... Spotify has missed a trick here... come on dudes.. dont you read this Sh**t and know that users are Pi**ed with the very strange notion of adding stations only for them to be there FOREVER!!! 

Please..please..please.. sort this out.. this should be very simple. 

We are aware of the high demand for this issue. I should point out though that as things stand created stations don't remain on your account forever. New ones will push the older ones out, so you'll have a maximum of 20 at any one time.

I hope that clears things up a little.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Concert VIP
jeanniebeannie

I just started checking out this service, and can't believe how hard it is to find info. This is one of the things that I spent WAY TOO LONG looking for how to do it- I'd never have imagined that it wasn't possible.

The worst part is that I didn't even add these stations to mine. I just clicked on the genre to check it out, and viola: it's a new station of mine. That really sucks, because I HATED the music.

How can I check genres/artists/songs out without being stuck with it? How can I understand how the Facebook integration works? I don't know WHAT I'm sharing right now, or with who. There's no documentation, as you know; If you need to focus your attention and budget on programming, can't you at least start a wiki for other helpful users to start filling in the blanks for you? I'm quite sure they would gladly. 

Music Fan
spyrelx

I share the flabergasted annoyance of the dozens of other people who have commented on this.

Also, and with all due respect to the complexity that perhaps exists in addressing this, to suggest that one can somehow solve the inherent annoyance of the problem by simply adding more stations and thereby "pushing" the others off the list misses the issue completely.  

First off, I don't want to create 20 stations to delete the inadvertent ones created by bad design.  I also assume stations will be "pushed off" in the order they were created.  So if I've got 3 stations I want to keep and then inadvertently create a bad one, I'll have to push off my 3 desired stations before I can knock off the bad one.  

Radio Star
AbsolutelyNoFB

[ Edited ]

Spotify has known about the huge level of customer demand to delete (and rename) radio stations a very long time. You can see "delete radio stations" as #10 below. This is the top 10 requested changes for Spotify, for all time. And these features have been on this top list for over a year and not a single one of them has been implemented.

spotify-ideas-top.png

Unfortunately, this leaves the Spotify support personnel with nothing to give the customers except terrible things like "make 20 more radio stations to get rid of the one you just made by mistake".

Obviously this is not a solution, but with Spotify product management not listening to their customers and not having the developers put this ever so simple fix in the code, it is the only available "course of action".

Which is terrible for everyone, basically. There is no solution and no likelihood of there ever being a solution.

Music Fan
shotrocks

totally agree, and as a new user am surprised.  how was this not a very, very basic UI/design consideration?? 

suggests serious, disconcerting engineering and coding issues if a simple delete cannot be implemented easily.  hmmm....

Announcements
Happy Halloween

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.