We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.Learn more here

Close
Concert VIP
jareddwasser

Discover page loading problem

Hi All,

I have been enjoying Spotify greatly.  I just updated to Windows 8.1 and have had no issues play music or seeing the spotify client like others have.  The issue I am having is that the Discover tab is just continually loading and hangs at the spinning circle.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times but this only temporarily fixes the issue and it inevitably happens again after only a few minutes.  I noted that the web player in chrome is also doing this.  I have also opened the console (ctrl+alt+home) and it was blank and did not show any errors.  Is this a central issue at Spotify, or something I am doing incorrectly.  I am not using a proxy.  The version of my spotify client is 0.9.6.72.ge389c074.  Thanks for any help!  I would like to be able to use the discover page again and I utilize it frequently.

Concert VIP
jareddwasser

Re: Discover page loading problem

No one else is having this problem??  The twitter feed @spotifystatus said this was a fixed issue but it seems not...

Peter
Kudos: 9,461
Solutions: 2,628

I did ask about this yesterday when your first post came in but there didn't appear to be any other reported issues, which makes me wonder is there something wrong with the content your discover is trying to display rather than the Spotify service itself. 

If you are still having issues, would you be able to try and catch the console output from the desktop client and see if any errors are being logged? 

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Band Member
Rollo_

The Discover feed is working today for me.  It was not yesterday.  You may want to try a hard restart of Windows 8.

If this post was helpful, please click the green "+" button below

Read my take on YourMusic HERE.

If you'd like to revert to an old version that still has the old Starred List ease of use, and to prevent it from updating, read my guide HERE.

If you like the Starred list and its ease of use, and would like to see its return, please support by adding Kudos and comments HERE

If you'd like a lean and fast Spotify desktop, without all the default apps slowing things down, please support my idea thread to opt out of them by adding an option to turn them off and on in Preferences. Staff has shown interest in this idea. Click the "Kudos" button and add your comments   HERE

Concert VIP
jareddwasser

Hi Peter, thanks for your input.  I loaded the console with spotify running and it was blank which I assume means no errors.  I would really rather not have to reload windows.  Any suggestions?

Concert VIP
jareddwasser

Rolio, sorry I am a bit of a layman...what do you mean by hard restart of Windows 8?

Peter
Kudos: 9,461
Solutions: 2,628

I think he just means a full shutdown and restart of your computer ;) 

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Community PM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Concert VIP
jareddwasser

I tried that but no luck.  I also tried the computer at my friends house which has a different internet connection and is not running windows 8 or 8.1 and the Spotify online player also had a hang-up at the discover page on my account and would not load.  This makes me think it is a central problem and not on my end?  Just trying to figure out what is happening...everything else works perfectly including playing songs and all the other tabs (i.e. Browse, App Finder, etc.).  I want to continue using the service but this is very strange.

Band Member
Rollo_

[ Edited ]

From what I've read about Windows 8, rather than a full shutdown, Windows 8 saves everything, similar to hibernating.  As far as I know, this is what enables Fast Restart.  You shouldn't HAVE to go into BIOS to disable this, but you may.  And that isn't practical.  There should be a way to do a full shutdown, I'm just not well versed enough with Windows 8 to give you an answer.

That being said, and given the behavior on a non Windows 8 computer, it would appear that the availability of Discover may vary depending on your location.  It doesn't make sense, but that would explain what we're seeing.

If this post was helpful, please click the green "+" button below

Read my take on YourMusic HERE.

If you'd like to revert to an old version that still has the old Starred List ease of use, and to prevent it from updating, read my guide HERE.

If you like the Starred list and its ease of use, and would like to see its return, please support by adding Kudos and comments HERE

If you'd like a lean and fast Spotify desktop, without all the default apps slowing things down, please support my idea thread to opt out of them by adding an option to turn them off and on in Preferences. Staff has shown interest in this idea. Click the "Kudos" button and add your comments   HERE

Concert VIP
jareddwasser

I got in touch with Spotify, it appears it is a known issue they are working on.  Glad to know it's not just me!

Announcements
Win free Premium
This contest is now closed. The winners will be posted here very soon.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.