Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dr dre Beats wireless controls on Mac OSX

Dr dre Beats wireless controls on Mac OSX

The buttons on the side of the headset do not work with Spotify (eg, play/pause, skip, etc); is there a way to enable this? 

I'm using OSX, and use these headphones for listening to music.

I found a post 11 months old regarding the same problem, when will this feature be enabled?

Best regards

Eric

9 Replies

I have the same problem with my OS X, please fix it already!

@Eetlah wrote:

I have the same problem with my OS X, please fix it already!

Hi, and welcome to the Spotify Community!

If this is a bug, please send a support ticket using the contact form, detailing the problem.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Is there a solution to this yet?

No, problem still exists. 

Music is coming trough but the controls (play, pause, next en reserve) still don't work on a Mac with Spotify. 

Managed to delve deeper into forums and found this: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Bluetooth-headset-buttons/m-p/657548#M726...

Program takes bluetooth messages and gives them to spotify.

You also need to make sure that iTunes doesnt auto open when pressing play.

Many forums say remove iTunesHelper from starting which didnt work, other removed the executor command from the daemon thread (which didnt work for me either)

They way I have done it (Sorry cant find source) is to open Automator, create an app called DoNothingApp.app (Just open Automator then press save, make sure it saves in Applications Directory!)

Then run

sudo mv /Applications/iTunes.app /Applications/iTunesBACK.app

and

sudo cp -R /Applications/DoNothingApp.app /Applications/iTunes.app

in terminal

First command renames iTunes so it cant be called. 

Second gives it an application which stops it asking you to install iTunes

Your solution along with the linked thread helped solve my problem perfectly.Thank you!

I am having the same problem. The thing is it was working fine before and out of no where without making any changes it stopped working. My Beats by dre headphones work perfectly fine using spotify on my iphone and ipad. But on my Macbook pro my headphones can not pause, play or skip songs on spotify anymore. When it used to work before?! I updated to El Capitian and updated my Spotify hoping that would work ,but nothing solved the issue. I even reinstalled and restarted my computer, still nothing. I was on the phone with Apple for 8 hrs and they say it's clearly a spotify issue. By the way, my itunes, quickplayer and other apps work perfectly well using my Beat by dre headphones (pause,play,skip etc), just not on spotify using my Computer. Why it stopped working on spotify? 

SWITCH TO APPLE MUSIC

What a solid idea Lemrick, you're in the wrong forum, log off now. 

Suggested posts