Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
m_oe
Accepted Solution

Error 112

I installed Spotify but cannot connect. The signin process hangs and I get "error 112" after a while and mentioning a firewall issue.

What ports should be open for Spotify to connect? 

Music Lover
Kristin

Re: Error 112

having the same problem....

Richard

Hey guys, error 112 is one of our connection problems. So it's worth checking your firewall/antivirus software and so on.

Since you asked for the ports, here's the info:
78.31.8.0/21
193.182.8.0/21

The following ports will provide a more restricted flow:

78.31.8.0/24
78.31.12.0/24
193.182.8.0/24

At least, I think that's right. Let me know how you get on with those.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Festival Fanatic
tbop

Great... but how to convince my IT to open these ports? We're not in a dictatorial company so they don't mind we're listening to music here but I guess they did it for safety purpose or whatever else quirky stuffs.

I'm living in Germany and I also know the official authority regulating the royalties are very feared (it's called GEMA), I think you should really mention on your German website that spotify is legal and approved by GEMA authorities.

Cheers!

Music Fan
danestes

Hey so I discovered my solution to this issue almost by accident! I had basicly given up on spotify after this (thread) message initaly poped up, its been a few weeks since I last used the desktop software after uninstalling due to the proxy 112 error. I tried everything in this post as well as many others and did a clean instal multiple times with no different results, just sadness. But then one day after giving up on it, I stumbled onto a spotify playlist embeded into a website, you know the ones that ask you if you have spotify if you click them (At this point i had the app uninstalled for a few weeks). Just for the hell of it i clicked it and it launched an in browser spotify instaltion routine which when completed opened and actualy launched the app with my profile signed in. No more error! I was pretty suprised and its been a few days now with no issues! I hope this could help the hopeless like mysef!

PS:  A strange thing to note is using this instalation method it made me go through the EULA popup again, dunno why.

Gig Goer
spdave123

I'm having firewall issues and this is getting aggrivating.....

pjd
Gig Goer
pjd

keep getting error 112, connection lost. i have turned off the windows firewall and my virgin media firewall and still it's the same.

Any ideas please as its been a few weeks, i'm paying a subscription and not getting the service.

pjd
Gig Goer
pjd

ok, i think I've sorted it.        UNINSTALL SPOTIFY, RESTART PC, REINSTALL SPOTIFY, LOG IN.........EVERTHINGS OK.

pjd
Gig Goer
pjd

FOR A WHILE...................................JUST CRASHED AGAIN!!!!!!
Festival Fanatic
tbop

Any link to one of that embedded playlist would be very much appreciated! :)

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.