Music Fan
Jaheruth2412

Error Code 101

Hey,

I have an Acer laptop with Windows 7.

My spotify at first would not connect from offline mode (Error Code 101). (For all of the following keep in mind nothing has worked) I restarted my computer, uninstalled Spotify, reinstalled it, restarted the computer, I retried this about 3 times. Then I tried to work it through with my firewall, and I honestly think I found the problem but I can not click anything on the firewall page in my control panel. I have a blue and yellow shield next to the options:

Change Notification Settings (cant click)

Turn Windows Firewall On or Off (cant click)

Resore Defaults (cant click)

Advanced Settings

Also the "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall" button is not clickable. I am pretty sure that is the main issue here but I am not sure.

Then, my Home or work (private) networks says Connected but as a red x next to it.

Public networks says Not Connected and also has a red x.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

-Jack

Joe

Re: Error Code 101

Hi. You need to log in as administrator to change settings such as the firewall. It sounds like you don't have a network connection at all, which is why Spotify is giving that error code. You could try running the relevant Microsoft Fix It app to see if it will sort out your internet connection issue for you.

Once you have your networking sorted, Spotify will hopefully work but, if not, try the connection troubleshooting tips.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.