Music Fan
maraudox

Error messages

I was wondering if you would consider embedding error messages that made more sense :)

The following message I got the other day was: "Can't play track", to which my ironic response was "You don't say, so that's why I can't hear anything...".

The problem took care of itself with some rebooting but still, you have to admit that this particular error message is completely useless.

I know, it's not the end of the world, but meaningful error messages would make Spotify an even better product in my opinion.

Talent Scout
George

Re: Error messages

[ Edited ]

You have a good point there. I often find myself frustrated with error messages that either don't give me any information which wasn't completely obvious or just contained a useless error code.

Maybe a list of error codes, phrases and their respective meanings (a bit more of a technical explaination) would be useful as well... then when we're trying to work out why something isn't working we could at least get some idea of what might be causing it.

Edit: Maybe add something about this to the Idea Exchange Board?? I won't do myself, it's your idea, your kudos :smileyhappy:

--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!
Music Fan
jokke202

hey.... i just came home from a hard weeks work... i sat down on my computer and wanted to listen to the song jolene.... i went to the search box and typed jolene and... search failed.... i tried too type another song i wanted to hear... and search faild.... now this smelled fishy.... so i tried a lot of songs AND EVRY F...... time i trie to search for a song or artis search fails... pleas any one.... help me !

Music Lover
The_Wizzle

[ Edited ]

I'm getting the same thing. Rebooted and no change. 'Can't Play Track' and 'Search Failed'.

My internet connection is (obviously) fine and the site said the sevice if fine and dandy. Irritating.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm in England.

Concert Regular
Coert

Same here. Location Netherlands
Music Fan
sabre24

same here...  :(  finland

Music Fan
iceberg

Help! Can't search artists!!! or anything!

Music Fan
macheteinyaface

Can't play any tracks right now.

Location, Oslo, Norway.

Music Fan

Having problems here in Denmark. I'm guessing with the amount of posts it's a server problem at Spotify's end. Sure they will iron it out eventually.

Music Fan
sooonie

Same for me. Cant listen, search or play music at all.

(Sweden)

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.