We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.Learn more here

Close
Music Fan
Miel2
Accepted Solution

Failed to enable Spotify social

[ Edited ]

Hi

It has been 2 weeks now, and I keep getting the error that Spotify has failed to enable spotify social. It really annoys me:manfrustrated:

Any suggestions?

Meil

Spotify
David

Re: Failed to enable Spotify social

Hello,

Do you have any firewalls or antivirus software on your computer at all? If so, you might want to try adding Spotify to the "exceptions" list - that might get things working.
-----
Spotify
Gig Goer
Eigil

[ Edited ]

The same thing happened to me immediately after I diconnected Spotify from Facebook by removing Spotify from the list of authorized applications in my Facebook account.  I have found that I do not like the interaction and information sharing  between these services so I try to disable them.

Snap4.gif

Music Lover
iamme240

I've been getting this error message as well, over the past couple of days (immediately after the spotify client said it was updating to the latest version). I have verified that the client is allowed through my firewall.
Music Lover
Stabbeck

I fixed the issue by logging out of my account and then resigning in using my facebook credentials instead of my spotify info.

Music Lover
iamme240

Thank you Stabbeck, the annoying error message is gone now.
Music Fan
jenoir

But what if you do not want to connect to Facebook?

Gig Goer
Eigil

[ Edited ]

It seems like Spotify is not supposed to work properly without a connected Facebook account.  I had to reactivate the Facebook connection too in order to get rid of the error message.  Annoying!

Gig Goer
Eigil

I tried to enable and disable the Facebook <-> Spotify connection again.

It seems that if you disconnects from the Spotify end it works OK, no error messages occur.  If you remove Spotify from the list of authorized applications in Facebook then Spotify will not stop complaining about it while the option of disconnecting from the Spotify end is disabled. 

Music Fan
frantie

I tried all the above, but still have the same error ("loading..." notification in the friends section).

Any other suggestions?

Thanx!

Announcements
Win free Premium
This contest is now closed. The winners will be posted here very soon.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.