Close
Gig Goer
fordie
Accepted Solution

Friends can't see my playlists

In my profile Spotify says: Your public profile. People visiting your profile will be able to see the music you publish.

I have set it to publish all playlists & have checked "Share activity on Spotify social" in my preferences, but people are still saying that they can't see my playlists. What gives?

Gig Goer
fordie

Re: Friends can't see my playlists

Hmmm. I wonder if this is what spotify are talking about in this tweet: https://twitter.com/#!/SpotifyStatus/status/174891566622711808

Richard

Hey fordie, I've just had a look at your account myself and I can see all your playlists just fine.

However, in our system it appears you have a duplicate account (created for you in error during the Facebook integration). Since this won't have any playlists on it, it's probably why it looks blank to your friends.

The solution then should just be to follow the instructions in this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

In short, just use 'fordie' as the username to sign in with and connect that to Facebook.

Let me know how you get on!
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Gig Goer
fordie

That did it, thanks. 

Music Lover
Jenser84

I have the same problem also.

i have some Musik om my PC. when i put it into my playlists. my friends can't se it.
whats the problem here ? :)

Richard

Jenser84 wrote:

I have the same problem also.

i have some Musik om my PC. when i put it into my playlists. my friends can't se it.
whats the problem here ? :)

If it's music stored on your computer then the problem might be that we don't have the song in our own catalogue. So we can't deliver it for other users.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Music Lover
annemariehalo

The same thing is for me. When i go to my playlists i can see them all. but when my friends go to my profile all they can see are my "top tracks"  a playlist that i did not even create. i want people to come to my profile and see all my playlists. its really annoying how no one can. i checked prefrences, settings, and it says they are all published but it doesnt show up. PLEASEHELP

Music Lover
annemariehalo

i have a lot of playlists the only on my friends can see is my "top tracks" that i cant even edit. can someone tell me how all my playlists can be visable? please help!

Richard

When you right-click your own playlists is 'Published' ticked? Like so:

Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 7.25.31 PM.png

Gig Goer
ED90

Hi!

I have the same problem, i would like to share playlists so if any in spotify search for ex, "Rock of the 80´s" then my playlist would come upp and the user can subscribe to my list. But my friends who i tested this with can't find my playlist. I have right click the playlist and checked "Publish" and i have been in my profile and checked so my playlist is "Published" and it is,i have even unchecked "Top tracks and other and have only one playlist published. I can see my playlist that is published when i search for it but my friends can't find it????Why??Please help me!!Is there anything else i must do?do i have to publish my playlist in any forum or sites or do i must have a FB account?I am even an premium member!!Thanks

/ ED

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.