07-08-2012 03:06 PM
07-08-2012 11:03 PM
hi Sam, I don't have a facebook account anymore either and get the red "failed to enable spotify social" message as well. care to unlink me so i could at least use spotify's social feature with the (very few but important!) friends i have on spotify without facebook?
08-08-2012 07:03 AM
Hi csherron - Currently a Facebook account is linked to your 'csherron' account.
If you're receiving this 'Failed to enable' message, please try the steps below:
1. Open your Preferences page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)
2. Press "Disconnect from Facebook" or "Connect from Facebook"
3. If your account says "Connect from Facebook" wait until Facebook login opens and press the Cancel button (if you don't want to link to your Facebook page).
If you joined via Facebook you'll just need to make sure your FB profile remains active. FB users that keep receiving this message should get in touch via the contact form.
13-08-2012 10:46 AM
I have this failed to enable spotify social bar popping up all the time as well. When I try to connect to facebook a window pops up then vanishes. So I cannot connect and disconnect. Is there anything that can be done to fix this for me? I don't wish to have my fb account connected to my spotify account.
13-08-2012 10:50 AM
Hi Chris_T - I've just disconnected your Facebook profile from your account.
I'd also do a clean reinstallation of both Spotify and Flash to ensure everything is working properly:
1. Uninstall Spotify and remove all Spotify folders.
2. Complete uninstall of Flash (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html). In order to uninstall Flash you need to ensure it's not currently being used (basically have no programs running at all).
3. Restart your computer and install Flash again, from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
4. Download and install the latest version of Spotify: https://www.spotify.com/download/
Then sign in with your username as normal.
15-08-2012 06:16 PM
23-08-2012 02:49 PM
I have recently deactivated my Facebook account. I created my Spotify account before the mandatory Facebook integration. Now that I have deactivated my Facebook account, I have this annoying red "Failed to enable Spotify Social" error bar constantly.
23-08-2012 02:54 PM
Hi dgambriel - Looks as though you've still got Facebook linked to your account.
When you go to your Prefences page do you see the button that reads 'Disconnect from Facebook'?
Preferences Page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)