Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
thisisvlad

How can i share my starred tracks playlist?

i have starred a bunch of tracks.  i go into that playlst, and click share.  my friend, got a msg saying that i want to share my playlist w/ her.. but when she opened it, there were 0 tracks?!  how can i share my starred tracks?

Spotify Legend
Jude

Re: How can i share my starred tracks playlist?

It looks like there is an oversight in the way Spotify works here.

The URI to a user's starred list is always: spotify:user:username:starred

Unlike a standard playlist, which has a random ID, it is possible to gain the URI to anyone's starred list. Consequently, the starred list won't show its contents to another user unless it has been published by the owner.

I think we should make this clearer (It actually took me some time to work out what was going on in your case).

You have 2 options:

1. Publish your starred list (in their Social Profile in Edit mode). You may not want their Starred list publicly visible though.
  2. Copy your Starred list (Highlight all tracks and drag into a new playlist). You can then share that new playlist.

Music Fan
isaverynice

how do you highlight all the tracks?
Peter
Kudos: 12,387
Solutions: 3,399
I'm a Community Rock Star

Hey :)

You can highlight all the tracks very quickly by selecting a track on the playlist and then pressing Ctrl+a together on your keyboard.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.