Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Festival VIP
Fredcat
Accepted Solution

How do I change my profile picture?

[ Edited ]

I'm a long term subscriber, The 4 songs out of the first 5 I saved to my spotify account became my profile picture. Two of the 4 pictures are the same band. I like these songs but dont feel they represent my true musical taste or favorites. How can I customize my profile picture?

Edit - My apologies, I think I posted this in the wrong forum, I'm using the downloadable Spotify app for PC. Mods please move if need be.

Community Legend
thehidd

Re: How do I change my profile picture?

Hello, Fredcat! I've moved this topic to a more suitable category! To answer your question: The only way to change your profile picture is by linking your account to Facebook and then it will use the Facebook profile picture. There's currently no way to set an avatar to represent your public profile if your are not linked to Facebook.

From what you are saying, I get that you created a playlist and the songs you added to that playlist became its avatar. Just like above, there's currently no way to customize your playlist picture.

You like games? Check this!
Anthony
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 229

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Also, just to add:

There is an idea for being able to edit your profile picture without connecting to facebook here. It has been marked as Not right now as they have other priorities right now but that doesn't mean they won't come back to it in the future.

There is also an idea for customising playlist pictures and info here.

Feel free to add Kudos and comment on them to show your support!

Anthony :)

Edit #1: Spelling correction

This post was by Anthony! I do not work for Spotify! If this solved your issue - mark it as a solution! Do you agree with/like my post? Please add a Kudo!

Spotify Community profile: Anthony | So feel free to PM me! Here
| Twitter profile: anthonyb256 |

Rising Star
Xayne

I am having a similar problem, however, I am and artist (Xayne). I recently changed my picture on my various social media sites, but my spotify profile pictue has not yet been changed. How can I fix this?

Add your tracks!

Me make musics
What's a Spotify Rock Star , and how do I become one?
Peter
Kudos: 11,465
Solutions: 3,188

Profile pictures need to be updated by a 3rd party unless you have a VIP account in which case you should be able to change it I think:
http://www.spotifyartists.com/faq/#how-do-i-update-my-biography-and-photo-on-my-artist-page

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Rising Star
Xayne

Peter wrote:
Profile pictures need to be updated by a 3rd party unless you have a VIP account in which case you should be able to change it I think:
http://www.spotifyartists.com/faq/#how-do-i-update-my-biography-and-photo-on-my-artist-page

Thanks!

Add your tracks!

Me make musics
What's a Spotify Rock Star , and how do I become one?
Music Fan
MusicMonsta-GB

I seriously don't understand why it would be so difficult to bring out an update allowing Spotify users to add a photo from their camera roll! 💢
I mean, I love Spotify but it pisses me off.
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.