Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
mistermark
Accepted Solution

How do I completely uninstall spotify?

I used the control panel unistall but it keeps poping up, I asking this because when I'm playing high graphic games, (league of legends, minecraft etc.) I randomly get a black screen, and I'm thinking its because of this, (my graphics card is really bad)

Internet Hit
Grayson

Re: How do I completely uninstall spotify?

Hey there MisterMark!

Here is how to uninstall Spotify:

"Uninstall Spotify: (Start > Control Panel > Programs / Uninstall a Program > Spotify)"

I beleive you were removing the shortcut and not the application it's self. Feel free to reply to this thread with any additional questions you may have!

-Grayson =)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST
Music Lover
mistermark

[ Edited ]

Yes I did that and it still keeps popping up, 

Internet Hit
Grayson

Hey again mistermark.

I did some research on your query and discovered you must be signed into the Administrator of the Computer to uninstall spotify. If you are infact logged into the account, then Right Click "Windows Explorer" aka Control Panel, and select "Run as Administrator" and then go through the installation process.

Cheers -Grayson

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST
Music Fan
mitchflorida

If it doesn't appear on the Programs list , you can just do a search on your computer and delete it there.

For me it was under C:\ Users\yourname\appdata\roaming\spotify

Just delete it

Music Fan
hey_girrrl

how do you uninstall on macs?

Music Fan
y84media

System Preferences

Users & Groups

Click on your admin account, click on the padlock to make changes, click on login items, click on Spotify, click on the "-" (minus) button below to remove this from the list of apps that start up when you log into your Mac.

Click on your Desktop, click "Go" at the top of the screen, click on "Applications".  Drag Spotify to the trash.

Scroll down to Utilities and double-click "Terminal".

Copy and paste the following, it will ask for your admin password:

"sudo rm -R Library/Caches/com.spotify.client" <- Press return & type in your admin password
"sudo rm -R Library/Caches/ com.spotify.danstaller" <- Press return & type in your admin password

Should be all gone

Music Fan
jenniferlei9

Re: How do I completely install spotify?

When I installed the newer version of spotify, the next day I got a notice saying: Unable to apply rule and all these words pop after and When I try to exit it, it won't work it will pop up unable to apply rule and a new set of words pop up.

Concert Regular
womble

Re: How do I completely uninstall spotify? (web player firefox 20.0.1)

[ Edited ]

i cant get rid of spotify at all!

it is NOT in my list of programs via control panel, or by using revo uninstaller. i cant find evidence of it in "about:config" in my firefox browser. and in fact even spotify has NO info on how to uninstall it from my browserr. and when iused the search function on the help web page, it would only give me advice on RE-installing! i am very fed up with it and wont be using it again.

spotify NEED to understand this: by using dodgy distribution/promotion companies who bundle your software by "stealth" into other installer, you are gaining a BAD reputation. and i am REALLY unhappy about this, i can tell you!

ok back to my issue.

i have win 7

firefox 20.0.1

and suddenly have an unasked for spotify web player install in my browser!

there are NO folders for it in programs list,

and no files i can spot inside firefox folder

and nothing that is obvious to me in "about:config"

WHAT do i do? i do hold spotify responsible for this as it was not me who asked a dodgy installer bundling company to install it. so i EXEPECT some help here.

it may be worth mentioning too, that when i was looking in "about:config" i discovered items relating to babylon.com which are dodgy a**holes. so am guessing that whatever they relate to was installed by stealth too at same time.

i say by stealth as i am very vigilant at reading installers very carefully to make sure i dont get any of this rubbish when i install anything.

SO ANY HELP? now? please?

Peter
Kudos: 12,397
Solutions: 3,405
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: How do I completely uninstall spotify? (web player firefox 20.0.1)

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

The web player does not install itself on your computer if you are accessing it through play.spotify.com it is just like any other website, but it allows you to log in and stream Spotify from inside your web browser. 

Would you be able to provide a screenshot where you are seeing Spotify? If it is just a bookmark you can just delete it. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.