Music Fan
pathwaybob

How many songs can be in a playlist?

How many songs can be in a playlist?

Peter
Kudos: 11,130
Solutions: 3,103

Re: How many songs can be in a playlist?

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

Playlists can be up to around 10,000 tracks in length. 

Any playlists which you would like to sync for offline use must have less than 3,333 as that is the maximum offline tracks allowed per device. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Band Member
Rollo_

Peter wrote:
Any playlists which you would like to sync for offline use must have less than 3,333 as that is the maximum offline tracks allowed per device. 

Peter, is this number still the limit in the current desktop version?

If this post was helpful, please click the green "+" button below

Read my take on YourMusic HERE.

If you like the Starred list and its ease of use, and would like to see its return, please support by adding Kudos and comments HERE

If you'd like a lean and fast Spotify desktop, without all the default apps slowing things down, please support my idea thread to opt out of them by adding an option to turn them off and on in Preferences. Staff has shown interest in this idea. Click the "Kudos" button and add your comments   HERE

Peter

[ Edited ]

Yup, still 10,000 track limit for playlists.

Edit: Can't read, yes you are still limited to 3,333 tracks per offline device too. 

Peter

Band Member
Rollo_

My starred list is just a tad larger than that.

If you like the Starred list and its ease of use, and would like to see its return, please support by adding Kudos and comments HERE

If you'd like a lean and fast Spotify desktop, without all the default apps slowing things down, please support my idea thread to opt out of them by adding an option to turn them off and on in Preferences. Staff has shown interest in this idea. Click the "Kudos" button and add your comments   HERE

Peter

You can technically sync a playlist that is more than 3,333 tracks, but it will just sync the first 3,333 and then stop.

Peter

Band Member
Rollo_

I'm trying to make tracks available for offline use on the desktop client, no other devices.

Peter

It will still only let you sync 3,333 tracks even if you are only using one device.

Peter

Band Member
Rollo_

Shoud Linked Local Files count against the 3,333 offline track limit?

I'm trying to maximize my offline content on the desktop client.  All of these are in a single Playlist Folder, plus the Starred Tracks list.  Many/most playlists I'm trying to make available offline contain a mixture of streamed and linked local files.  But when I make the playlist available offline, it appears as though Spotify is attempting to download the streaming track.

My guess is that its doing this to in turn make those tracks available to mobile devices.

So again, the question is, if Spotify is downloading these streamed tracks, when a local file is available, will they count against the 3,333 limit?   Looks like yes is the answer.

So then the workaround, replace the linked local files in the playlists with unlinked local files, which is going to be very tedious and time consuming.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.