Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Roadie
Deisel0022
Accepted Solution

How to Get Old Spotify Back

Does anyone know how to get the old spotify back? I had to restart my PC which restarted my spotify

I can't stand the new interface and everything about it. The old version was easier/better to use

Community Legend
thehidd

Re: How to Get Old Spotify Back

Hi! Welcome to the community! If you wish to get the old client back, you may do so here. Just select a version that you feel suits you fine and you're good to go.

Hope that helps!

You like games? Check this!
Award Winning Artist
hpguru

[ Edited ]

Heeey theeereee!

Glad you are interested to Install old Spotify.

I hope I can help you with it.

Just follow a message from one user of this awesome Community and enjoy Spotify without need to this legend "Horrible update". OLD APP IS SITTING HERE !!! https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl41hv8y557nm67/Spotify%20Installer.exe !!!

I hope you enjoy Community and helpful folks like me!

Be free and listem some good beat from Spotify.

Please keep in mind: music = LIFE! And only with good App like old version of Spotify.

Enjoy mate!

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Lover
tally

i got back my old spotify thank you i am so happy

Music Fan
wollimopped

For the love of god someone please make a version of preventing updates for OSX

Music Fan
DemoManMLS

Thank you for starting this thread along with the link to the info on how to go back to  the older (and working) version of Spotify. I was "updated" to the new one tonight which I absolutely hated. Half the songs I tried to play would not play despite them working on the older version.

Concert Regular
drg0nz0

[ Edited ]

I came here looking to see what people thought about 0.8.8.450. It was not a big shock for me in terms of layout (maybe you had really old versions) but what I hated was the new white colour scheme for the main area. I liked the dark grey because it was a calm place to look, like a darkened corner of a bar. Very peaceful. The white is just like constantly someone yanking the curtains open at 7am to blind you!

At least Spotify should have left is as an *options* in preferences! Last.fm have the nice red/black toggle. Maybe I like the features of the new version, but now have to downgrade just to get the old look back. Honestly, did you test with existing users to find out what they don't want to lose in the design?

Bedroom Songwriter
jonski_83

I have the unlimited version of the machine and I do not like this new version at all! I do not want to follow artists and friends. In addition, spotify facebook pages to publish playlists and artists that I listen to the most recent. And every time I have to hide them or remove them because I do not want to appear there. Before the reform, it will not be ever released! My facebook pages showed only what songs I listen to on Spotify. How do I get back to the previous version!? :/

Peter
Kudos: 11,630
Solutions: 3,216

jonski_83 wrote:

I have the unlimited version of the machine and I do not like this new version at all! I do not want to follow artists and friends. In addition, spotify facebook pages to publish playlists and artists that I listen to the most recent. And every time I have to hide them or remove them because I do not want to appear there. Before the reform, it will not be ever released! My facebook pages showed only what songs I listen to on Spotify. How do I get back to the previous version!? :/

You can unofficially downgrade by following the instructions:

Here for windows or

Here for mac

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter spoti.fi/meetpeter

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
tally

Well for a while I got back old spotify but it doesn't make sense u install old spotify because it is gonna go back to new spotify someway which keep happening to me .. Well gud luk guys we just have to hope spotify make some changes with this new one to suite lovers of old spotify .. I'm using premium for 3 months and decided to stop if they dnt do sum thing fast I am so not happy with spotify now I can't even find some of my songs that was on old spotify it is as if they were deleted
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.