Help - Desktop (Linux, Mac and Windows)

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Concert Regular
espo13
Accepted Solution

How to delete songs from a playlist

how do you delete songs from a playlist? either on mac or ios?

Peter
Kudos: 12,783
Solutions: 3,492

Re: How to delete songs from a playlist

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

You should be able to do this easily on both platforms. 

On mac, click on the track (or highlight the tracks) on the playlist and then press the "Del" key on your keyboard. Alternatively you can right click on the track and select "Delete".

On iOS, just open the playlist, open up the options (three dots at the top) and you'll be able to edit your playlist. Remove songs by pressing the red symbol next to them.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Gig Goer
popeye2013

Hai Peter,

Ime Jerome',

With me it doesnt works, Icannt find OPTIONS, no three dots on top.

I have the unlimited version, is that perhaps the raison??

Is there anywhere a user-instruction??

Thanks for answering

Jerome from

Holland

Concert Regular
espo13

Thanks for so me reasotithe "edit" button wasn't showing on my phone,but now it does.

Music Lover
rosiegee1

I "subscribed" to a playlist that was already set up on Spotify.  There are a few songs on it that I can't stand and I want to delete them from my devices, but "delete" is not an option that I can find.  If I select on the playlist and then click on the "three dots" at the top, the only options it gives me are 1)Start Playlist Radio or 2)Share Playlist.  There is no option to Delete a song.

If I am in the main menu that lists all of my playlists and I click on Edit, I have the option of deleting the entire playlist.  But I don't want to delete the whole thing, just a few of the songs.

Can I do that?

Peter

rosiegee1 wrote:

I "subscribed" to a playlist that was already set up on Spotify.  There are a few songs on it that I can't stand and I want to delete them from my devices, but "delete" is not an option that I can find.  If I select on the playlist and then click on the "three dots" at the top, the only options it gives me are 1)Start Playlist Radio or 2)Share Playlist.  There is no option to Delete a song.

If I am in the main menu that lists all of my playlists and I click on Edit, I have the option of deleting the entire playlist.  But I don't want to delete the whole thing, just a few of the songs.

Can I do that?

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

The sort answer is no, you are not allowed to edit any playlist which does not belong to you, unless it is marked as collaborative. If you wish to edit the playlist, you need to copy the tracks into a new playlists of your own and then make the changes you wish. 

Peter

Peter

Music Lover
rosiegee1

I should have guessed that myself!  Thanks very much for your quick response!

Music Fan
Llucaslynne22

how to i delete music i never placed on here, i was hacked twice and music i never would listen to is on my list

playlists do not want them its something i would never ever listen to i want to delete and do not know how to

how to i find the ans...from this request

Gig Goer
S4tay

On one of my playlists, playing on iPhone, is there anyway to conveniently dletete a song from that playlist?  There's a way to add a song to playlist, but not delete, I think.  A very major flaw with Spotify, unless I am missing something?  Seems I have to somehow remember the track, go home to my computer, select the track and "delete from playlist"  STUPID

Peter

You can delete a track on iOS, from playlist view click on the "..." in the top right corner of the app, then press "Edit" then that will give you a remove button on each of the tracks on the playlist ;) 

Peter

Peter

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.