Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to find friends without facebook in Spotify

Solved!

How to find friends without facebook in Spotify

Hey
I have a little problem, there is no find option for new friends.
My father starts using Spotify but he dont have facebook- so i can't add him to watchers.
Can you solve that problem ? Or tell me how to find him because there is no option for it 😞

Greetings
Paweł

54 Replies

I just tried spotify:user:username with my friends Spotify name and no results. Any ideas?

Thanks this worked for me 🙂

No one can find me on username search and I'm not connected to Facebook however my old account is but I can't find that either and it won't allow me to connect Facebook to my new account because it's connected to my old account

How about if the person is on your own family account.  I have tried the spotify:user:USERNAME option and my wife doesnt come up as an option.  Yes, i did put in her Spotify user name kjlistens.

You know, spotify could/should have made this a lot easier and not reliant on Facebook.

I pay a monthly fee, this is not professional UI.

I could not find santiago Lopez Del hierro although I write Spotify:user: Username in spotify? What do you recommend?

My spotify is freezing when I try to send it to a username but working fine when I send it to someone with Facebook. Do you have any tips on how I can get it to work for usernames?

Spotify pics.png

Hey @ChandlerCornwel,

Are you trying in the mobile app? If so, I believe it's a known issue.

Check this thread out.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi-

No- I'm not. I'm using it on my laptop and the same thing is happening. I'm also finding that people who are on facebook- it cannot find when I search them. 

In general the search function doesn't seem to be working in order to send music for people who are on facebook and those who are not. 

Thanks, 

Chandler

Hi- 

I tried re-starting my computer and turning it back on again but that didn't do anything. The same thing is happening. 

Thanks, 

Chandler

None of these strategies are working for me.....

Didn't work for me either.  Using a Macbook Air

Hi,

Is it possible to find someone on Spotify if we are not Facebook friends and I don't know their Spotify user name?

I'm wanting to know this too.

not working when I try this method 

I am thinking this information is outdated.

Suggested posts